Sukhumvit hotels

torrenova

Hi guys,

Can anyone please offer some good examples of friendly hotels in the Sukhumvit area. I need a good, safe, clean room with safe but don't know if those circa BT 1000 (eg Ambassador, Pinnacle, Manhattan etc.) provide one. I know the top end of the market at USD 100 and beyond but it doesn't seem sensible to pay over the odds as there's no missus anymore.

Does anyone know the best "middle market" options ?

Cheers

Personally I like the Tai-Pan a lot. It's off of Suk. just past the soi Cowboy on soi 23. Be careful how you book the place as only the deluxe rooms come with the safes not std. I have found that only a thrird or so of the online booking agents have a rate for the deluxe rooms though. They can quote quite a spread too. You should be able to get teh dlx for about 14-1500baht.

The food at Tai-Pan is really outstanding at all meals. Excellant blend of cuisines and always fresh and prepared just so. The place has a nice mini-boutique hotel ambiance to it that is very appealing (to me at least).

Can be quite a place ! It's used a lot for package deals and also a guy there runs gay tours out of San Fran. Breakfast can be quite fun if you get up in time - an interesting mix of families, guys with Thai girls and guys with young Thai guys !

Archived