Visitors visa to the US - allowable stay?

steffi

Completely dependent on the officer whose line you wind up on. On a visit about 10 weeks ago, my wife was stamped in for 6 months on a B2 visa. This was in Seattle. In fact she's been stamped in for 6 months on each of maybe 5 or 6 visits, except once, when she was given 30 days.

Steffi,

"My wife already has a visa due to her working in the airline industry but does anybody how know long the allowable stay is per visit in the US at the moment?"

What kind of visa does she have?

Regards, JEff

On arrival, they will usually inquire about your intended itinerary and length of stay, and grant you a period to accommodate you, as long as there is nothing strange -- like, repeated back-to-back six-month visits over a long period, which might make it appear that you were studying or working illegally. Maximum period for a single stay is usually 6 months, and they will usually give you that no questions asked.

Steffi,

Says steffi:

Multiple re-entry visitors visa valid for 10 years from the time of issue which was in 2001.

In which case I agree with the answers that KhMarried and PvtDick gave you. Except that I would modify PvtDick's caution about repeated back-to-back six-month stays is more an indication that the person is residing in the US illegally, not necessarily studying or working.

I fail to understand the statement in your initial post that your wife has a B2 visa as a result of her employment in the airline industry. B2 visas are not necessary for airline personel, there are other types of visas available for airline or ship crew who must layover in the USA as part of their work. Having a solid job may have helped her to qualify for the B2 visa, but not the fact that the job is in the airline industry na?

Regards, JEff

every time I entered to US for visiting they allow me to be there 6 months at the time(B1/B2 mult,10 years) once I got 3 months but that was because I told Immig that I was there because of the buisness.

Archived