Another English classs question

greg

Did do, a search but didn't really find the answers.

First my GF is looking for a job so she can be closer to our home in Pratunam. She currently works in Samutprakan sho anything would be an improvment.

If anyone knows a lead she

has a c.2.87 score on her B.A. degree.

Has good business experience in her crrent position delegatong and liasing with customers. dome from overseas.

IS very hard working.

If anyone of somewhere she could apply or get an interview Ill get the beers in.

She thinks that although her English is good she needs a certificate from a school proving she has completed some course. Is this the case?

Can anyone recommend a good course that takes place on Sunday in central BKK or classes late at night in the Samutprakan, Samrong or Bang Na region.

She works Mon - Sat and sometimes does OT untill about 7pm

Thanks lads

Cheers WYD. You've been a genuine source of info the last few days.

What kind of wages do Hotels. Her experience is all in office work. she Wouls be looking for c.12 000 per month.

Any ideas re:courses.

Is the TOEFL a full time course? how much does it cost?

TOEFL is an option, also check out TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication).

www.toeic.co.th

TOEIC isn?t as highly regarded as TOEFL but involves more common everyday English. The test can also be taken after any general English course whereas TOEFL candidates really need an exam-prep course.

If you check the site, there are also a few jobs. Most specify a certain TOEIC score to give you an idea. TOEIC tests can be done every week, I think, for about 700 baht. The test centre is on Asoke.

I think to take the TOEFL test it is 125$ US. I will ask some of my students If I think of it.

I am presuming at hotel front desk staff would make a little bit more than 12000. Probably inbetween 12-20 depending on hotel.

She should hit the Silom CBD area and start handing out resumes etc. The office girls there with good english can be picked up by japanese companies and make 20,000 or so. Thai companies will pay less. so 12-15,000

( these numbers are just bases on what some of my friends make. and have a limited sample to base these numbers on)

Archived