Regarding Internet dating sites!

Beware! A few years ago I joined Thailadies.com, met a lady from Bkk spent 9 months dating her and finally brought her to the states. That is when the nightmare began, Seems everything was great while she was in Thailand, me sending money (not very much) and 100's of phone calls. I got her visa paid her air fare got the airport and she was as cold as ice. I thought maybe she was just uncertain about the move she had just made. After one week of feeling like a total stranger was in my house she lays the bomb shell on me. Seems she had a friend living in Michigan and her main motive was to visit her the entire time. So, the next day she caught a Greyhound bus and headed out never to been seen or heard of again! I hear now that shes back in Bkk working at a flower shop. Bottom line is it cost me a lot of money and spent emotions. Found out later that she was college educated and had a three year old daughter and was still dealing with a Thai boyfriend who stuck it too her. I still believe that shes a good person, But I just got taken for a bit of a ride. Don't go through what I did, Be smart a relationship is the same in Thailand as it is in the west.

::

Stories like this is so common... I guess you were given a wakeup call, and next time you won't explain to yourself that these Thai ladies have different ways to show emotions etc... I have been there 1 time myself (not dating agency), its tough shit.

If we follow our instincts and look at what is happening its possible to avoid this. Its enough signs around when it happens.

Cheers!

I really think it is a function of being a poor country when interacting with people from wealthy ones.

There are good people and bad people everywhere. Whether more bad than good is LOS, i don't know?

Thai dating service or not, dating is a gamble which can be a dream or have a nightmare conclusion.

While i am no expert though I do have 10 years of dealing with thai ladies, i would say they greatest advantage to you is to not jump into committed relationships including finances until you can see her in a variety of situations and settings. This is difficult because thais can mask their feelings and facts so well and can easily hide a separate life here from a foreigner due to language and cultural barriers. One is even more in the dark if one doesn't live here. And living here is no guarantee you really know what is truly happening behind the scenes anyway....

Our advantages are time, our finances and job prospects/future and just plain getting lucky in finding a quality person....

Don't sour on thai women because of a bad expereince. The more you interact with them, the more bad experiences lie ahead. I promise you that. Just hope the good experiences counteract or outweigh the bad ones. That is why i am still at it. Doesn't it beat having no experiences at all?

Cardinalblue

Archived