Klong buses-where do they go to and from?

Bembaman

I wish I had the answer to this as I always mean to take a trip up and down this klong but have never got round to it. When I have mentioned it to a girl they never want to go on it, seems like a crazy idea to them when you can get a taxi. Just how far do the boats go up sukhumvit way?-peter

quote:

Originally posted by Bembaman:

As you approach Phetburi travelling from WTC, you cross a bridge over a klong just before Phetburi. I have noticed what appear to be 'klong buses' going up and down but can anyone tell me where they start and finish? Fares? Hours they run etc

Ta.

quote:

Originally posted by Bembaman:

As you approach Phetburi travelling from WTC, you cross a bridge over a klong just before Phetburi. I have noticed what appear to be 'klong buses' going up and down but can anyone tell me where they start and finish? Fares? Hours they run etc

I really don't know about finishing times but they start very early - 5 or 6.00 am I think. There is a stop at the end of our street (Suk Soi 15) and one at the end of Soi 49 - probably Ekamai as well. I think there is also one at the end of soi (23/31/)39 where they merge together. Basically, the Sois which run all the way through from Sukhumvit to Petchburi. I'm fairly certain there is a stop near to Siam Square but the only times I've used the boat were to go in the other direction to the Mall at Bangkapi (I think this is the terminus) takes about 15 minutes and costs B15. By taximeter you would probably be talking 60 minutes/B150+

I've got a friend who lives up there and uses the boats all the time so I'll try to get some more info from him.

LG

Do you mean Klong Saen Saeb. A long tailed ferry starts opposite WTC and goes past Nana, Asoke, Thonglor, and out to Bangkapi. Near Suk 71 you can change to another klong that takes you up Lad Prao way.I used to live near there and sometimes used them for the commute. Going in the other direction from WTC, you can get a ferry out to Democracy Monument.

Can't see too much cos they have vinyl shutters to prevent the klong water getting in. You have to jump on and off pretty sharpish. Bit whiffy, noisy, uncomfortable, but an interesting change for getting around. I understand the crews are one time jail birds.

Archived