visas to greece

meuok

Greece is party to the Schengen Treaty, so their standards are supposed to be the same as other member countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, etc.

One difference is that the Greek Embassy gets far fewer applications on a daily basis than most of the other embassies. The advantage is that the applicant won't have to wait in line very long, if at all. The disadvantage is that the staff there have more time to pore over individual applications.

I can't tell you if, in reality, it is any tougher to get a visa there than at any of the other Schengen embassies. I CAN tell you that a GTG friend of mine got her visa from the Greek Embassy with no problem -- which doesn't really mean much since she's on her second 10-year American B1/B2 visa and has already travelled to the Schengen States half a dozen times in the past ten years.

One interesting thing about the GTG mentioned above, is that she was detained at Amsterdam airport for about half an hour while immigration there "confirmed" the validity of the visa issued by the Greek Embassy (she stopped over in the Netherlands for three days before continuing on to Greece, where she spent ten days). I have no idea whether or not that was a one-off thing, or if Greek-issued Schengen visas generally cause immigration officials in the other Schengen States to be more circumspect than others.

Are you planning on taking a Thai gal to the Greek Islands? I used to live on Santorini and would love to take a Thai gal there as it is such a beautiful place.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived