Who can install piped stereo system ?

dsab

Hi Guys,

we are just getting built a house in BKK. Now I like everything to be perfect, and I am thinking of a piped stereo system.

I want 1 system (stereo/DVD/VCD etc) in the livingroom and one in the bedroom (connected to each other). I want them connected to all rooms in the house. That means speakers in every single room. The system is supposed to be built into the walls. And I want a TV in the BR (after I convinced my gf) and Living Room and maybe in the kitchen build into the wall like a mirror.

I know what I want...but I have no clue who in BKK could built something like that in.

any suggestions ?

THX,

Daniel

Guest lazyphil

<<any suggestions ?>>

Can I suggest you stop writing posts of this nature regarding having houses built in los which make me jealous with a passion :cussing:

Ploenchit Center (next to JW Marriott btwn Soi zero and Soi 2) has a few hi-end stereo stores that do installations. You might try them for a start and maybe they can work with your contractor. If you are using an architect, he/she might also have ideas.

THX for the infos, will try Ploenchit Center. Problem with Architect (planner) is, that he never had a request like that before. I will try to look at B&O, although that might be slightly above my budget. Have to get it planned within three weeks, so that the internal work can be planned accordingly.

THX,

Daniel

P.S. Lazypill: I am sorry... :rolleyes:

Are you really building with something other than brick/cement walls? If not would not advise trying to put speakers in them as they are only about 4" deep and are subject to dampness. Even putting electric in them is not always successful. You could put speaker in false ceilings but any system using more than two sets of speakers will likely be much less than hi-fi and more an expensive PA system. As for the TV's, unless you are using plasma display type would not advise making holes in the wall. You may plan to have the back inside a closet but they are also not something that can be recommended in the humidly of Bangkok. And when you want to change TV you will probably not find a fit. You are going to have enough head aches trying to get things done that the builder understands - don't press your luck. ::

• 2 months later...

http://www.avsforum.com/ is an excellent AV forum, huge data source and you?ll get any question answered by people who know what they?re talking about. A few hours spent here will help save your money & help you make the right decisions. Take a look at the Projectors Forum on AVS, they?re advancing technically & getting cheaper. A very nice set of speakers other manufacturers can?t match for less than 2-3 times the price are Rockets reviewed in depth on AVS.

http://www.av123.com/products_category_pack.php?section=speakers&brand=3

Archived