Discretion is the Better Part of?Run!!

zanemay

I just saw it again! Why would a farang stand up to screaming Thai girl in a very public setting where somebody is going to lose face?

I was walking along Beach Road in Pattaya. There were raised voices. The farang was saying something about ?Now you don?t have many customers!? She was hollering something back. She started swinging and he parried with a little, collapsible umbrella. She looked around, it was a bad sign. She walked onto the beach, squatted, and began working on a metal bar used to hold the beach umbrellas upright. It had been driven into the sand for overnight storage. All the while she was casting glances at the farang, talking trash and keeping an eye on the audience. It was good theatre.

When she had worked her weapon free, it was a bit cumbersome. About two and half feet long, one-inch diameter steel rod. She crossed back over towards the farang, cursing and waving the bludgeon. The farang, genius that he was, waved his little umbrella back at her. When she got close enough, she flailed at him, but the apparatus was too heavy and he had no problem backing away and parrying with the umbrella.

Yeah, well she was determined. She noticed that rod was actually two pieces of metal and she broke it down. In a second she had an eighteen inch steel rod at hand. I watched all this with growing dread. Mr. Genius with a twelve-inch umbrella, yelling humiliations at a Thai girl with a big steel bar and parrying her blows with a little-girl?s umbrella. She came ahead. She took a shoe off and threw it at him, but that was just a distraction. She was getting barefoot for mobility.

I was trying to back well away and watch at the same time. The action was moving pretty quickly along the path and I had difficulty dodging puddles from an evening downpour while walking backwards. I looked to see where I was going then glanced back at the couple. At that point he was lying on the ground. I don?t know if he received a count from the referee or if he had just stumbled, but he was finally getting the idea and he moved away. When he got out of range he unleashed a few more verbals. He could have chucked the umbrella. It was mangled.

Here?s the point: Don?t fuck with Thai people. Once a certain line is crossed they are dangerous. You don?t know what those lines are, because the culture is very different. Girls, Issan boys, policemen, bureaucrats, ladyboys.

More examples: Same scenario as above, but lady got a hold of a knife. This was on one of the Soi Pattayaland streets. Three stab wounds and a period in the hospital.

Lady at the beach, opened up a Thai guy who was sleeping. Witnesses didn?t know why. I saw all the blood, a bit coagulated at that point and asked a Thai lady sitting nearby what had happened. She didn?t say anything, had kind of a far away look in her eyes. A minute later the police loaded her into the back of their pickup truck. Not even any handcuffs. The body had been removed and I had been chatting up the murderess!

A farang was in the Pattaya jail for the night. He got into it with some Thai guys in the cell. He spit on one of them, probably well-deserved. They stomped him to death. Nobody intervened.

(Footnote under the ?What?s Wrong with These People!?? Heading: a couple of days after the Thai lady had sliced up the sleeper at the beach, I walked by the same spot and most of the blood was still there. Some absorbent had been thrown on it and I guess the idea was that a good rain would wash it away some day, although we had been in a bit of dry spell. This was right at the beginning of the beach promenade, 50 meters from the Walking Street entrance, and you know how passionately the country promotes tourism. Yes, indeed, tourists certainly like to look at a few liters of dried blood while on a stroll! Gives them something to think about, LIKE GOING HOME! Things like this make you wonder about the whole thing, don?t they ? I mean Thailand ? and how the whole veneer of civilization or first-worldliness might be just that ? a veneer. What the FUCK is wrong with these people!!? They don?t have a procedure to clean up human gore from public places?)

Archived