Awesome rugby

What a great game of rugby that was. England answered their critics in fine style, and surely must be the team to beat in the world cup ::. I thought the Aussies played well against a superior team as they were missing a number of key personnel.

One of the notable things about this England set up is they are constantly being underrated, especially in the southern hemisphere. Once the world cup starts, with the Trinations behind us I expect that to happen again (already people are saying they are peaking too early etc etc) Underrate England at your peril, they are a really great side and will take an awful lot of stopping. Roll on the world cup, it promises to be really special.

Says Johnny Was:

What a great game of rugby that was. England answered their critics in fine style, and surely must be the team to beat in the world cup ::. I thought the Aussies played well against a superior team as they were missing a number of key personnel.

One of the notable things about this England set up is they are constantly being underrated, especially in the southern hemisphere. Once the world cup starts, with the Trinations behind us I expect that to happen again (already people are saying they are peaking too early etc etc) Underrate England at your peril, they are a really great side and will take an awful lot of stopping. Roll on the world cup, it promises to be really special.

Yes it should be a great event.

First for anyone that does not know whatia Wallaby is:

Like a kangaroo it can run very fast can side step off both feet at speed and can JUMP.

All of these were missing last night IMO.

Lineouts OZ 10 GB20

Time in possesion was also a huge stat.

3 Tries to 1 is a fair indication of a thrashing.

That rolling srum from half way i havent seen that for a long time.

Why Petro and Rogers were left on the bench for 1 hour is beyond me.

And how many times can one side drop the ball in 40 minutes?

Any way they won a good game.

Re world cup Oz can only get better and more players to come back into the side.

Time will tell

Yes, full marks to England, although I dont think they are 'underrated'. George Gregan, the Australian Captain, rated them as the best side in the world on a TV chat show 3 nights before the game : I wouldnt describe that as 'underrated'.

There are a lot of sad people up here in QLD at the moment - first the Wallabies, now Queensland beaten in the League. They love their League up here, and I sincerely hope that the World Cup final series sees closer games than we witnessed in Sydney last night.

I personally want to see a Wallabies vs All-Blacks final, but current form dictates that this wont be the case (does the draw even make this a possibility ? I'm not sure how the pools are rationalised..).

Assuming that England continue their current winning ways, there are still plenty of wildcards out there, and Rugby is the kind of game where unpredictable teams can completely unsettle previously unbeatable defences. Viva Fiji :)

Archived