Ciao restaurant Pattaya

stumpy

I went to Ciao restaurant just off Walking Street last night. It looked promising from the outside, I could see other diner and there were numerous bottles of wine on display.

I entered and ordered spaghetti bolognaise and a glass of red wine which I would have thought would have been standard fare for an Italian.

I suppose I should point out that I am no great food aficionado but I do enjoy a good meal when one is presented.

Anyway the red wine arrived nice chilled in the refrigerator and nicely killing off any bouquet it had. I pointed out that red wine should ideally be served at room temperature but the staff just gave me a vacant look.

Shortly afterwards the main course arrived and I was disappointed not to find the ?rich? tomato sauce described on the menu but instead a thin sauce that had all sunk to the bottom of the plate presumably because the spaghetti was swimming in water.

I requested a grind of black pepper when none was forthcoming and was told that I couldn?t have any as the pepper mill had been given to the farang who was sitting outside to dine.

The restaurant lacked the atmosphere that is so much part of dining Italian and instead nervous looking staff hovered and made one feel uncomfortable.

All in all a poor performance and not a place I would recommend.

Archived