MS Office Thai Not "Switching" to English

gawguy

I raised this question way down in a list of posts in Technology and got one response that didn't work. Let me try here.

I have MS Office Thai. That runs fine except all the menus are in Thai. MS Office Language pack (which is on a CD called "Office Switch" which a Thai guy made for me)is supposed to fix that and has, on one of my computers. I have two virtually identical computers and the slightly older one has "switched."

I was told when I asked about this before that I would have an option to choose the menu language when I installed "switch office." But there are no choices. It just installs Language Pack.

I think I did the same thing with the older computer. Do I have some system settings different in one from the other?

I would like to ONLY install Word and Excel, and I want the menu's in English. How???

GG

I think I have replied to this question about four times but here goes again:

when you install the language pack make sure you 'select all' components after selecting custom install otherwise it will only install part of the pack. when installation is complete it will ask you what language you want the menus in.

If it doesnt, go to start > run > and type 'setlang.exe' without the quotes. (can be found in c:\program files\microsoft office\office). This will give you the option to switch languages.

Archived