Jade Pavillion?

thai3

Anyone stayed here recently and can say what the joiner fee is/what the place is like? Could not get a flight for Dec except a package which comes with this place for 14 nights.(kuoni £750)I will have to stick it for a few nights at least to get my moneys worth-peter

There is a thread on this one on Nanapong at the moment, basically I hate this "fucking" place, and I too have been given the free nights there via FETC in the UK before and never spent more than a night in the place.

Put it this way, the rooms are shabby, they will charge you around 350B joiners fee, food is crap, location is crap, full of package tourists, touts are a pain inside and outside and thy rip you off on the phone charges incl local calls.

It is ok as a base, I kept the room just to store stuff in and shower, would not vacate it so they could make double on it.

Check it out for yourself, Grand President is far superior than this hole.

Hi mate.

I`ve just return from los and am going back in feb. I always go with kuoni as they are extremely good value and things rarely fuck up. This may help you. I had the miss fortune to stay at the Jade Pavillion on my first trip to bkk. It is a terrible terrible hotel miles from anywhere with piss poor food/pool/staff everything! when I went this time on a combined 4 nights bkk/13 pattaya on a special deal they tried to get me to stay there again... I refused and then they miraculously came up with a deal 5 pounds more expensive staying in the asia hotel bkk. now the asia isnt the greatest hotel in bkk by any stretch but its not that bad either.. the rooms are fine..the restuarants are cheap and theres loads of them..room service is great and although the hotel looks like a bag of shit from the outside! inside it really is fine and dandy..now if you ring up kuoni and shout at them I reckon you`ll be able to pay a small supplemnt and stay there which is MILES better than the J.P. its close to patpong..its right next to siam square, and from the 2nd floor of the asia you can get straight onto the skytrain to take you to the delights of nana...soi7 and of course soi 7/1 EDEN!!!

a word of warning international calls cost loads from both hotels so get a card... and dont miss thai elvis at the asia hilarious..

hope this helps.

besty.

Hi Besty

The only other time I bought a package was years ago with hayes and jarvis at the Asia, and I have stayed there since.I rate the place,did you have trouble getting girls in? They used to have a disco in the basement.I might ask kuoni about it as its location is not so bad with the skytrain going past.The JP sounds like a right dump.-peter

quote:

Originally posted by besty:

Hi mate.

I`ve just return from los and am going back in feb. I always go with kuoni as they are extremely good value and things rarely fuck up.

hope this helps.

besty.

kuoni arent bad at all.

schelduled flights from lhr=bkk on thai all transfers, 4 nights asia bkk 13nights asia pattaya (shit dont bother, nice private beach though) for £630.... pricewise I`m totally happy to pay that, no hard sell from the reps either.... didnt try a guest at the asia bkk though I believe that its 500baht (steep) joiner fee although the reception staff are very friendly so I wouldnt be surprised if a 200 baht backhander when checking in would do the trick. Be warned if going to pattaya though I wasnt impressed at all with the asia pattaya...lousy room..great gardens..but who needs great gardens!!

Interesting, never seen that part of kuoni before.Their price structure seems odd though as the brochure price for my deal was £650, when I booked this had risen to £750. This was due to coming back on Friday (TG) and a price rise of £78.

I phoned them up to find out what the rise was for but the kuoni answer girl said 'they never tell us', and suggested it might be dollar fluctuations, thought this had been to the £'s advantage in recent months.

Phoned up again with a different name and asked for exactly the same deal on the same dates and got quoted a price of £936!, strange-peter

quote:

[/QB]

FETC can also get flights when others cannot, I think they block reserve seating which gives them the allocations.

It works ou cheaper to get flights with them most of the time, even when it includes time in hotels and even transfers (which means hanging around in airports and sitting in minibuses which can be fun as you are in with all the regular tourists who are first timers on "clean" vacations. A few words of Thai to the driver and suddenly you are their Guru. Then they see you the next day coming back to the hotel with some sexy young thing walking in at 7am when they are eating breakfast). You should see their faces

Archived