Info On Grand President, please

Hi. I want to book at the Grand President on soi 11 for this January. I stayed there earlier this year for under $600/wk. for their one bedroom Royal suite (50 sq. m). They are now quoting me a weekly rate of $717 USD. Its a great room, with 2 televisions, kitchen, living room, but the rate seems high. Anybody been able to get lower rates on that room recently? Also, any other recommendations in that vicinity would be helpful. I don't like the Nana although I know a lot of you guys do, and I've stayed at the Majestic Suites but the rooms are too small for my taste. JW Marriott seems pricy also. Thanks in advance.

Chicago Dave

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've stayed there many times in the past... They quote one rate (on the web) but depending on current capacity they may lower it.. depending...

Here's what I'd do if I were you.

#1) Send an email to the GP.. Title it to the "Assistant to the R.M." I would mention you're a repeat guest and give the dates you stayed. They will look up your old folio ang get your customer #. Then mention that you have no problem pre-paying for some nights. This will mean that you're on the hook for it, bu that way the hotel is assured something. The Assistant will read it and get back to you. Usually that works just fine!

Let me know.

I have the name of the Asst if you need it.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks, guys! Quick replies!!!

Will try and let you know. Anybody else have experience with other good spots around there (not Majestic) would still be interested in knowing. Chicago Dave

How are the Topaz studios?

Good value or is it better to splurge and go for the Royal or Executive suites?

I haven't stayed here yet, and I would like to give it a try. But I am somewhat confused about the different buildings, locations, and rooms.

What rooms do you guys prefer?

crazy.gif" border="0

Sounds very expensive. I stayed in the Royal president a month ago and had their daily rate of 1,700 baht for an executive studio (37m2)

It was nice room, nice bathroom, buffet breakfast and newspapers involved and the option to send 4 items daily to the laundry.

I suggest you take a look.

Sanukdee -

The GP is hard to beat and I really enjoy the Royal Suite because its so roomy - if you're there for a week or so you can really spread out and party with a few guests. Its more of an apartment than a hotel room. That and the hotel overall make it seem like you're on a vacation to a resort hotel. I've seen the Topaz room and its fine, just not as large.

Basically, while I like bartering with street vendors, I wish these places made it simpler to get a decent price on a room the first time. But, TIT!

I hope to be there for nine nights from 11 January on and, as usual, cannot wait.

Cheers. Chicago Dave laugh.gif" border="0

I stayed in a Royal Suite this past Sept. and only paid 2017BH per day.

I got this rate by addressing my email directly to Ms Chittra B. one of the GP's sales executives and asked her for their best price and also for a TSM discount.

Try contacting her to see if you can get a better rate.

Best

smile.gif" border="0

HSTeach, I was told that Anne doesn't work there any more.

Now a question. In Tower 3 there are some rooms, guess you'd call them suites, that have living room/kitchen/bathroom in one half and through a connecting door have the bedroom and another bathroom. What does GP call this type of room?

Archived