Taking the bus from Udon to Bkk

ZMAN Z28

I know where to get the bus here in Udon, but where does the bus arrive in BKK? And I assume it will depart BKK to Udon at the same place or are there other bus stations around BKK that go to Udon Thani? Or just any general info on the bus stations in Bangkok?

ZMAN

I travelled the Udon-BKK route several times both ways this past spring, usually departing Udon from the bus station near the Choensri Center and arriving in BKK at the Northern Bus Terminal at Mor Chit. When I took the bus from Mor Chit to Udon, they dropped us on a street near one of the big traffic circles, not at the station.

What I have never been able to figure out is that the first time I went to Udon from Bkk, we got one of those deluxe buses with the 2 and 1 seating, B500 but really clean and comfotable and easy to sleep on. I have never been able to find one again. Do you know if they leave from a different station??

dj

DJ:

Thanks for the info.

I was enquiring about that in Udon the other day. There are a bunch of places that sell tickets over by the Choensri. I just went in with my limited Thai and tried to explain I want to sleep. They showed me the seating list and some of the seats are only 1 person where the others are the regular 2 people. The one person are 500 something baht. Worst case, I will just buy 2 tickets side by side.

ZMAN

I have not traveled this route but normally there are three types of public (government) air conditioned service. The normal (40 pax?) bus which will travel frequently. The more expensive 30 pax called VIP and the 2+1 seating on the Super VIP. The 30 pax 2+2 seating is fine for shorter people but you will have persons head in your lap if you don't put your seat back full. The 24 seat Super VIP is aircraft type space and a much more pleasant experience if you stay awake. These tickets are usually sold in a different stand/area than the normal tickets and will usually have VIP shown.

Archived