Farang ladies can do what we do

think_too_mut

As long as no one's hurt (as in Fly's Nepali example), I see nothing wrong with this.. another victimless crime.

he girls get a bit of knob, the guys a bit of cash and the possibility of a "way out" or continued financial support. Not unlike some of our GF's.

I saw a similar documentary a few years ago about middle-aged English woman visting some African country (Ghana I think) in search of black men for sex and a few even for marriage. These woman were often divorced in their 40sor 50s and infatuated with black men. It seemed most of the resultant marriages ended in disaster with the black guy quickly disappearing or sleeping around once back in England.

How similar it all sounds to what happends in LOS. It comforts me in a way because so many western woman look down on western/foreign men chasing Thai birds but it seems woman can bahave in a similar mannar.

The post mentioned aome latent racism in this kind of behavour. I think that is too strong a term but certainly I think it invloves a lot of racial stereotyping and rationalization about why the "chased" party is interested in the older, less attractive party.

Very interesting points vis a vis nepal. I spent a few months in Pokhara in 99 helping a friend who ran a bar there. I was friendly with many expat female Aussie teachers who all had Nepali boyfriends. They were mostly good guys, just in need of a buck, but there was always the odd one who was prepared to go just that little to far for a bit of western tail. I have seen the same thing in Jogjakarta, Indonesia as well, the place is lousy with 'gigalos'on the prowl for backpacker chicks. And of course there are the famous 'Kuta Cowboys'of Bali, there is a site about them somewhere. Very interesting when the roles are reversed and its the women who are ón top''.

Cheers

Jaga

Archived