Romaning2004 Bangkok Arival :)

romaning2004

I do already use hotmail/yahoo for emergencies, but only emergencies etc.

I do receive some fairly important things by e-mail, like cc bills, receipts for this and that among a number of other things...Also a lot of secure sites will not accept hotmail or yahoo as a valid email address due to security vunerabilities (I think)...I have to get my old stuff up and running again, I just gotta pay to have it sorted :(.

And to top it off, this morning getting ready to leave for work, the damned car wouldnt start, breakdown fellow comes out gets it sorted. Get to work, and when I am due to leave, the same thing happens. This time it was concluded that my alternator has given up the ghost.

Get a quote for a new one, shit, 240gbp not including fitting, thats another 90 quid.

All in all it has most definately been one of those :banghead: :onfire: :banghead: weekends..

Hope your ribs are on the mend...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Redbaron:

I'll fix it for ya for a few Heinekins. (The big cans, geez I miss them!)

Cheers,

I will post them tomorrow :grinyes:.

Seriously though my email issue has more than a few minds baffled...even the IT guys at work aint got a clue.

Thankfully I just signed up for a couple of web based accounts and they can receive my pop3 email until I get my software sorted.

It seems as though I have opened up a problem never (or very rarely) before exprienced...

Driving me up the wall though :dunno:

Says Redbaron:

I'll fix it for ya for a few Heinekins. (The big cans, geez I miss them!)

Hi RedBaron,

thats a nice thing to do, Are you going to be in Bangkok while im there :) Would love to meet you as Carew is allways saying nice things about you, hahahahahhaha now i made him blush.

Cheers Roman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have made the cardinal sin of sins :(

Im not leaving England till the 28th so will arive in BBK around 2:35pm on the 29th, so will not be able to meet anyone till this day a friday and not the original Thursday i mentioned hear in my first post.

Sorry for all the inconvenience and trubble i may have coused to people that im meeting / new found friends.

I think in my head i was just wishing i was there alittle sooner ::

Cheers Roman

• 2 weeks later...

"And to top it off, this morning getting ready to leave for work, the damned car wouldnt start, breakdown fellow comes out gets it sorted. Get to work, and when I am due to leave, the same thing happens. This time it was concluded that my alternator has given up the ghost.

Get a quote for a new one, shit, 240gbp not including fitting, thats another 90 quid.

All in all it has most definately been one of those weekends"

Hi BB.

i'm a bit late on this thread,but have to say a few words.

remember the last meeting in the KH which i attended?.

i had problems with my car for a couple of days beforehand,managing to get home from work and having to charge the battery up during the day.

14 hours before i met you all,it was dead,nothing would start it and i had to leave it at work and i was off for 5 days.

had to have a bit of sleep before travelling to London and had to wake a neighbour up and ask if he could help?.

he said he would try and off for London i went.

got home late on the Saturday,car was in my drive,all fixed.

he towed it back to my house,fitted a new alternator and charged me 30GBP for the part and 30GBP for towing/labour.

i think a better deal than yours......... :up:

looking at the names of the posters on this thread i thought i was reading about a London meeting.

sorry for going off topic.

Roman will have been in LOS for almost a week by now,i hope he is behaving himself and not ruining the reputation of the London gatherers..... :drunk:

Archived