Drinking Never Stops in Chiang Mai!?

the_numbers

Dry days over Buddhist lent left many a thirst unquenched in the City of Angels, but not: Chiang Mai !?

Amazingly in Chiang Mai I ran into no drinking dilemmas over Buddhist Lent like the customary woes in Bangkok. :)

Enterprising Chiang Mai beer bars just hit the lights, and most pubs slid up the garage style metal doors for punters. :applause:

Inside was a smoky haze, stirred by only fans - a din of punters, pool, and ladies :beer:

It seems the Chiang Mai police are trailing in vigor compared to the piss-testing police raiders of Bangkok. Thank god.

Found some great DVD's up north - better selection [silom still is decent] - no raids on street vendors - since the initial crackdown [Pantip is still on code red, but sometimes shoppable].

Anyway, Chiang Mai is often slagged for its nightlife being subpar, and on the whole I agree. Some mediocre go-go girl was giving me a straight-faced 2000BT short-time plea, while I laughed hysterically. :rolleyes:

It apparently miffed the papasan who told me to "Go back to Bangkok."

I am more than happy to - just can we please keep Bangkok like.. well Bangkok. Backdoor action is what this city's lifeblood is... if you know what I mean :hubba:

Glad to be Back Home, but Missing My Dark Influences

the_numbers

Archived