Visa to London for GF - need help!

I'm sure this has been covered plenty of times, but I can't find a link somehow. My Thai girlfriend wants to join me in London this fall. Can someone fill me in on the procedures at the British Embassy in BKK, how long it takes, what documentation, etc... she will need to provide? She works in Bangkok as an accountant and has never traveled abroad--so she's a bit worried about all the formalities... Does it make a difference if I'm with her when she applies? Thanks for whatever help you can provide!

Nich

All they really want to know is proof that she will return to Thailand at the end of her holiday, and that yours is a genuine relationship, and that she is finacially capable of paying for her stay in UK. i.e letters,emails,employer reference, bank account details, family ties in LOS, your finacial/job status and documented proof that you will pay her travel insurance etc etc. As much as you can. I'm just crossing all the t's and dotting the i's. Those are the sort of things I did to bring an ex GF on holiday to Australia - two successful visas. May not be nearly so hard for a GTG.

Good luck, mate :)

Archived