Pm says will transfer all staff from Huay Kwang

Torneyboy

The fallout from massage parlour tycoon Chuwit Kamolvisit's allegations he paid millions of baht in kickbacks to city police began to take its toll.

With PM Thaksin Shinawatra vowing to transfer all officers attached to Huay Kwang district.

Charged in connection with the demolition of the Sukhumvit Square nightstrip,Mr Chuwit initially claimed he was forced to pay up to 12 million baht in bribes every MONTH to keep police away from his six parlours in the capital.

He alleged he paid a total of 361500 baht per month to officers stationed at a police station he called ""H"" with 80000 going to the station chief,referred to by the Thai character ""Thor"".

Huay Kwang district police chief Thitipong Setthisombat was on leave and not available for comment ::.

The Pms reaction was ""the entire Huay Kwang police force will have to go"" he said.

Mt Chuwit said it would be impractical to transfer evry officer invloved in bribes....the vacum could be exploited by criminals ::.

The only one to be removed should be the highest ranking commander so his replacement can be appointed to solve all police problems he said..

All district police chiefs in the city had been ordered to ""get thier houses in order"".

And ensure officers did not accept ""gifts"" from business owners.

What do you think the end result will be out of all this? :dunno:

>What do you think the end result will be out of all this?

Old news. The press in Thai has questioned the move - not all H K police were corrupted, they said.

Nothing radical would happen, IMO. They have to give police decent slaries, that would mean higher taxes, may lead towards all public servants pay rise, no (current) investor in Thai economy would love that.

For the sake of Thais, I wish they find some solution. Whole civilised world did that.

I believe there are 4 station heads who have been or are about to be moved, with their deputies taking over, at least temporarily. And we all KNOW that their deputies just COULDN'T be corrupt. :rolleyes:

Says think_too_mut:

>What do you think the end result will be out of all this?

Old news. The press in Thai has questioned the move - not all H K police were corrupted, they said.

Nothing radical would happen, IMO. They have to give police decent slaries, that would mean higher taxes, may lead towards all public servants pay rise, no (current) investor in Thai economy would love that.

For the sake of Thais, I wish they find some solution. Whole civilised world did that.

Nothing radical will happen>

So same same ...just move the deck chairs around on the titanic?

Is it so deep(corruption) it is past the point of no return?

I thought with all this shit flying that the cops would lie low for while, but no the c****ts were around today for their monthly payoff same as usual. Don't anyone give me this shit about low pay, these guys live well. I'm not saying all cops but certainly the ones that visit me are.

BTW I run a perfectly legal above the board non entertainment business and they still find reason to scew you out of a monthly stipend so I can only imagine how much the illegal business's pay.

Oh, now, *I* have NO doubt myself that they only take enough to pay for their handcuffs and other equipment that they need to perform their duties with.

Says Fatbastard:

I thought with all this shit flying that the cops would lie low for while, but no the c****ts were around today for their monthly payoff same as usual. Don't anyone give me this shit about low pay, these guys live well. I'm not saying all cops but certainly the ones that visit me are.

BTW I run a perfectly legal above the board non entertainment business and they still find reason to scew you out of a monthly stipend so I can only imagine how much the illegal business's pay.

So it goes on in all forms of businesses??

Ok i have to ask....can you go over thier heads and complaine :doah:

Can i also ask how much you have to pay...to stay in business?

Sorry if to personal..maybe pm if you prefer.

Goes on in Sydney in china town we see restaurants withh all the fish tanks smashed and windows smashed from time to time...never an arrest btw

Payment varies depending on what "crime" they can hang on you, eg, very few suppliers provide VAT invoices (although I properly charge and pay my own VAT) so they will say where is the VAT invoices for these goods? of course you can't produce them because the supplier won't give you one. Gotcha !!! so they go through the business looking for these sorts of things, you can figure on 5 to 10,000 PCM.

Says Fatbastard:

Payment varies depending on what "crime" they can hang on you, eg, very few suppliers provide VAT invoices (although I properly charge and pay my own VAT) so they will say where is the VAT invoices for these goods? of course you can't produce them because the supplier won't give you one. Gotcha !!! so they go through the business looking for these sorts of things, you can figure on 5 to 10,000 PCM.

Can''t you keep a book of all your supliers and write in the goods and vat that should have been on the invoice but not provided etc?

Dates name of company and so on...at least you have some sort of records to produce.

Archived