President Park and NanaPlaza?

stumpy

As I glance across the forum I can see at least 4 or 5 questions about President Park properties. I was last in the Royal President about 6 week ago and that was as a result of what I had read here. What?s more a lot of the enquiries that appear on this forum are requests for information about where to stay in Bangkok.

It?s fairly obvious from reading the board that there are a lot of other travellers who make their choices about where to stay based on the information they receive from the board.

This leads me nicely on to my point which is I can?t help but think that any of the Sukhumvit hotels who were to advertise on this forum would probably do very nicely out of it.

I try to support the sponsors of the board. Take the example of Body Guard condoms. I am now a regular user of their brand. They support our community, this board, where I have learned an invaluable amount of information so I try to support them back.

I think if the President Park where to have their advert on the board and maybe an incentive for travellers who book and confirm over the net, say for example a 10% discount I think it would be a winning combination.

So what do you think guys, a good idea? We would support a board sponsor wouldn?t we especially if they were to do us a NanaPlaza.com rate.

Since pricing and availability vary so much across the 3 hotels, I think you'd have to narrow it down to one place. Put it to a vote.

Another sticking point is how to present the deal to them. Despite the disclaimer on the front of this site, the content does make it come off as a sex-tourist website.

Point next, why would they care? It seems they are full up at full price on all but the most expensive suites most of the high-season anyway, and in low-season one can bargain and get within a few hundred baht of any likely group discount.

Not to shoot your idea down completely, but it has rough edges that need sanded off.

Maybe if it was pointed out to them that the membership could virtually guarantee them 10 or 15 rooms occupied at any given time, and let them cut something like the miserable breakfast coupon. Who knows, maybe get Tower III at the GP renamed as the Nanaplaza.com wing...?

I think it's a great idea!

I don't think it would be that difficult. I know the buildings have different rates but if you offer x% off the rack rate that's pretty easy.

And if they were to put up an advert and support our little group here that would be good too.

Okay so they may have good business as we run into Christmas I doubt very much every room is full.

And to answer Bohica's point what ever a persons reason for visiting Thailand their money spends just as well as the next persons.

I would love to see a Nana Plaza rate at a popular Suk hotel.

[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: simon ]

It would be good business sense for a hotel to advertise here...

How many of the Suk area hotels are aiming at the family of four market really?

Yet I will be leaving for my fifth visit of the year in the next few days.

[ December 07, 2001: Message edited by: stump_dog ]

Archived