Room Promotions At The HRH

JaiGuruDev

The guards at the gate may be to keep the wretched refuse in. ;)

Maybe what you said would be so, if you were staying at a discount hotel.

From what I have told, you could surmise that my place is at least the same standard as the HRC but MUCH better value.

As for the use of amenities, do you think the HRC intends the use of it's disco for residents only? That goes for the Marine , CM2 etc

Of course not, the more the merrier for them. You're obviously happy to pay a premium to stay there.

I am happier to stay where I stay because it's better located, for me and offers me more space and personal faclities. It just happens to be 40% of the price of a standard room at the HRC.

I, in fact, travel up to 9 months a year on my own funds. It's not a question of funds.

If the HRC had the rooms the size of 'mine' together with the personal facilities, maybe I would consider it.

Also, when I am in Thailand training, I am there for months.

I don't like to be cooped up in a pokey little hotel room, so I stay in suites or serviced apartments.

What do I care if there is a band by the pool? I want to sit there in peace and tranquility.

As for a disco, who goes every day? I'll go to one when I want to.

Happy hours? They are spread all over Pattaya, as low as 10 baht per drink. Why would I go to the HRC's Happy Hour?

The point you make about 2000 baht being a day's pay for some makes my point.

That you pay for your perceived superior accommodations, when in fact, they are nothing of the sort.

I'd rather put my money where it makes a difference, than the 'black hole' of a brand name.

It takes all sorts. The HRC wouldn't have opened a hotel if they didn't know they were going to attract certain types.

Enjoy your stay.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I try not use money to seperate myself from other people.

Again, I ask you what these amenities are? Do the people at the Marine hotel pay for the privilege of having a disco on the premises?

Top shelf service? Explain this to me. As someone who has stayed at the Oriental Hotel and Centrepoint Silom among others, I think I might know something about "Top shelf service" (I think both of those places cost considerably more than the HRH.)

The HRH sounds considerably inferior to my accommodations.

As for the so called amenities, they are open to anyone at a nominal cost.

It seems you are paying extra to THINK that you are better than someone else.

Why bother with the promotional rates? Surely they are for 'hoi polloi'?

By the way, do you have a CCTV channel on your TV, a shoe cupboard, a sideboard in addition to the sofa and two easy chairs in the lounge? Another in the bedroom along with the Kingsize bed? Direct telephone line?

Did I mention the built in wardrobe with two full length sliding mirror doors? Large enough to walk in one door and out of the other.

I'm happy that you are happy with the HRC, if only because if you had higher standards, you may try to seek out my place.

Enjoy. ;)

Says JaiGuruDev:

The Hard Rock Hotel offers top shelf service and amenities at a very reasonable price.

But if even their promotional rates are a little too dear for you; as you pointed out in your posts, it is indeed possible to find lesser hotels at a cheaper price.

As I've pointed out in my posts, it is indeed possible to find lesser hotels at a higher price. :beer:

Your place sounds great - a pity you are protecting the knowledge.

Hard Rock Hotel --- it's just the crappy old Merlin that has been cleaned up and given a brand name (and that may not be a good idea after the Jakarta Marriot's fate).

I walked past the place last month and noticed some pratt with a microphone and too many amplifiers was disturbing the peace of it's excellent neighbour The Montien.

If jumping around like a toddler in bubbles is your idea of fun, well I am glad the HRH is there to accommodate.

Now where is this excellent apartment place you use.

Do you really assess your self-worth by the hotel you stay in? That sounds very sad to me. If not, why would you assume others to?

But then, you may have said it best when you related your dignity doesn?t suffer staying at a cheaper hotel and sneaking in to use the poolside amenities at another.

How nice for you that you?ve grown accustomed to your lot in life.

Obviously the HRH is not for you; the HRH is a place where people have fun.

Says JaiGuruDev:

Do you really assess your self-worth by the hotel you stay in? That sounds very sad to me. If not, why would you assume others to?

But then, you may have said it best when you related your dignity doesn?t suffer staying at a cheaper hotel and sneaking in to use the poolside amenities at another.

How nice for you that you?ve grown accustomed to your lot in life.

Obviously the HRH is not for you; the HRH is a place where people have fun.

Says JaiGuruDev:

[color:"#666666"]"""The prices I am reading in this thread are ridiculous for Pattaya!"""
[/color]

It all depends what you want out of life. I?m not afraid to spend my money and enjoy the high level of service at the (relatively) low price. Some people don?t appreciate the service or the hotel?s amenities. And that?s okay as there are hostel like hotels in town too.

The HRH is a top-shelf kind of place; it definitely isn?t for everyone. Personally, I wish they would raise their prices; high prices keep the Cheap Charlies and backpackers away.

It seems that you assess your self worth by the place you stay in. Re-read your posts.

I didn't say that I did use another hotels amenities. Though do you think it undignified to go to the Hard Rock Disco if you don't stay at the hotel? The Marine Hotel disco or the Nana disco or the Grace....?

Methinks you've been hoisted by your own petard.

I'm sorry about that jacko.

The place I speak of hasn't that many rooms. It would be galling to think that the place could be taken over by 'fun' types.

Last time, there was only two to four people poolside, which is tastefully shaded by trees on one side.

Quiet and tasteful suits my personality.

Much as I like passing on good info for others, it would be silly to disadvantage myself in the process.

I hope you understand.

If your idea of fun is staying in your room and playing with your hidden shoe containers, how nice for you you've found it.

With regard to you reply to Jacko; I was expecting as much? A great hotel offers some good promotional rates, and all you can do is berate it and rant some other mythical hotel is better?

Don?t you trolls ever get tired?

With all due respect mate...you're talking Bollocks.

If you want to spend 250% more(than myself) for a room that is so small that you prefer to be outside it,(in the disco, being deafened sittng the pool etc) I won't try to stop you.

I prefer a living space that I can relax in and enjoy spending time in.

If you prefer a 'rat trap'....

Have you ever heard of 'confusion marketing'?

I'm sure you THINK that you're getting a great bargain.

Me I would be pissed walking into a HRH room only to find I was getting the same room as I have now but having to pay 7320 baht for it.!

BWA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Those promotional prices are aimed at those who would look at the prices and compare it to what they pay in their home country. Then THEY think they are getting a great bargain. Are you one of those people?

Hahaha, look at this fantastic PROMOTIONAL rate for the HRH;

Family Suite (1 bedroom) US$176.55(7320 baht)

All King's Club rooms and Suites will receive the following benefits:

- Private check in/out at the King's Club Lounge on the 9th floor

- Complimentary breakfast at the King's Club Lounge from 07:00 to 10:30 hours.

- Complimentary internet access in the King's Club Lounge.

- Private lift access to Kings Club floors.

- 1 time laundry / pressing of 8 items (maximum)

Coffee / tea all day at the King's Club Lounge

- Complimentary cocktail at the King's Club Lounge from 18:30 to 20:00 hours.

-

- Thai/ English Newspaper.

- One complimentary day use of Poolside Cabana per stay

This is what they pay 6400 baht more per day for;

- Complimentary internet access in the King's Club Lounge.

- Private lift access to Kings Club floors.

- 1 time laundry / pressing of 8 items (maximum)

Coffee / tea all day at the King's Club Lounge

- Complimentary cocktail at the King's Club Lounge from 18:30 to 20:00 hours.

-

- Thai/ English Newspaper.

- One complimentary day use of Poolside Cabana per stay

At what cost? Internet access is 1 baht per minute.

Private lift access?

1 time laundry? This service would cost me 100 baht.

I don't drink coffee or tea.

Complimentary cocktail? 200 baht?

Already get free newspapers.

Poolside Cabana for ONE day per stay. Hahahahaha

Perceived value to someone who measures their 'self worth' thus? Immeasurable.

Monetary value? Sweet FA

I get virtually the same room, with an extra TV and and balcony without the gaudiness.

Up to you...I guess being there makes you feel close to home.

It's not a question of money... In Europe I'm renting a villa at the cost, in your money, of US$3730 per week.

But that's in in a particular part of Europe, not Pattaya.

Will I have servants sucking my toes, giving me 'top shelf' service?

I hope not. It will be myself and my friends taking care of ourselves, having a good time.

Here, in the UK, we consider it our duty to keep our mates feet on the ground.

All this talk of top level service....

What is that? There is either good service or there is not.

Trolls?

jacko 499

jai guru dev 252

Your statement for a room at the HRH at US$70(2888 baht) was, "it can't be beat"

Wrong! It can.

Archived