Wallabies V Springboks

Torneyboy

As a neutral (English) rugby fan I couldn't see too much here to worry Clive Woodward or John Mitchell. Australia did look better in the second half after that gift of a try, but were flattered because the Springboks were awful. George Gregan looked a relieved man in the second half, he looked totally haunted in the first.

Right now I would put France and Argentina above the Wallabies and Ireland and Scotland above SA.

Johnny,

I must, reluctantly, concur.

Alhtough the Wallaby performance was a marked improvement on the previous game, that effort would not have seen them triumph over England or NZ, IMO : it would only have made the scores tighter. There were still errors, and said teams would have capitalised on those errors far better than the luckless SA team. I wasnt overly impressed with the refereeing, either : he should have marched a few of the SA 'stallers' long before he did, and the late tackle on Kefu was unforgivable.

Says Johnny Was:

As a neutral (English) rugby fan I couldn't see too much here to worry Clive Woodward or John Mitchell. Australia did look better in the second half after that gift of a try, but were flattered because the Springboks were awful. George Gregan looked a relieved man in the second half, he looked totally haunted in the first.

Right now I would put France and Argentina above the Wallabies and Ireland and Scotland above SA.

Oh how the truth hurts :bow:

At least some confidence in the side to build on, but where to from here to World Cup :dunno:

Archived