An Interesting Virus Infection

gawguy

As I mentioned long ago, so of my favorite photos are infected with a virus that Norton AV pickups up but will cannot fix.

At this point they are safely stored on an external hard drive and cause no problem when opened from that location.

But..the interesting thing is that maybe the photos themselves are not infected. For example, Norton reports:

The file H:\My Pictures\2003 Thailand\Music Festival\folder.htt is infected with the HTML.Redlof.A virus

However when I scan the folder or when I scan the files no virus is reported.

So this thing file ?folder.htt? ?? What is that?

This applies to about 6 other folders.

What do you think??

GG

buksida

Thanks so much for the help. I found out what folder.htt is from the website and searched for them on my external drive and deleted all of them as suggested. After that I got a clean scan and transferred a lot of my photos to my C drive. A scan there was clean too, so I think I'm okay. If not, the files are all backed and I have a mirror of the C drive before the transfer tucked away.

I've spent a lot of hours in the last 6 weeks following your good advice and that of other experts on this board. I've come a little ways in understanding my system better, and a long ways in backing up and protecting it.

Thanks very much,

Gaw Guy

Archived