NWA coach upgrade question

bromad1972

Before I go through the beaucratic quagmire of trying to find this info fron NWA, I was wondering if anyone here had experience with this.

I would like to upgrade a coach class ticket to business each way on my next trip. can I do this with a ticket purchased through a broker ( ie Thaifly.com ) or does it have to be directly from NWA? Also, how hard is this? Just curious if anyone had any experience doing this. Also, I am flying from midwestern USA.

Thanks for the ifno.

The odds are against you unless you asked for a certain fare class that is upgradeable. But here is some info that may help you determine if your ticket is upgradeable. Look to see what fare class your ticket is:

J ? full-fare Business

C - discounted Business

Z - deeply discounted Business

D - award Business

Y ? full-fare Economy

B - slightly discounted Economy

M, L, H, Q - discounted Economy

V, K - deeply discounted Economy

T ? tour or cruise operator booking

L ? Consolidator booking

using miles to upgrade ? use the award charts to find appropriate mileage amounts

Upgrades from Y come from Z, upgrades from B and M* come from I; no other fares can be upgraded.

Thanks for the post. Looks right from what I remember of coding.

Maybe one of the current agents can give us more info. :grinyes: (Hey TB where are you?)

So it would appear IMHO to be a deep discount consolidator ticket. Most likely NOT upgradable...but that's why it was cheap. :neener:

Archived