Guest unfriendly Royal Benja

Mentors

The Royal Benja is very unfriendly for guests and me too.

I booked a two person room by a travel agent

in Bangkok.

Yesterday i checked in and after midnight

i want to take a 'guest' to my room.

But the reception told me to pay 500 B for it.

I had a bigger interview and i told that i booking for two pax. And the stuff meant

but i check in alone. I told yes, but i booked for two and why two people has to check-in together on same second. After the stuff starting very unfriendly so i asked him for a bill for the 500 Baht covercharch. Then he dont give me one. With a smile i told the stuff that this is a really dirty game and i would check out for today.

Its interesting with some hotels need an

extra tip, but without me.

mad.gif" border="0

[ December 21, 2001: Message edited by: Mentors ]

Yes the ID Check i mean is ok if you take

a 'guest' at midnight but the guest-fee

is absolutely incorrect.

Interesting on November i checked in in The Park hotel, i taked a guest - no ID Check no

guest/fee.

BUT three days ago i check in again in same hotel and the stuff told me if i would take a guest i have to pay 500 B.

I just wondering and move to the Royal Benja

where i had the same bullshit (see above).

mad.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0mad.gif" border="0

(Mentor said)"Interesting on November i checked in in The Park hotel, i taked a guest - no ID Check no

guest/fee.

BUT three days ago i check in again in same hotel and the stuff told me if i would take a guest i have to pay 500 B."

Three days ago they called you a slut. This goes to it all, who are they to call you or I sluts and whoremongers? Even if they are correct(as they are in my case) I'll not have them calling me that when I am paying good baht for a room. Leave me the fuck alone or be my friend but don't label me and try and scam me and/or hassle my "guest".

happy holidays

Nok

Even if I was not planning to bring in 'guests' to my room, I would still, on principle, boycott a hotel that charged a guest fee for a double room. To me, 'double' means 2 people. I have paid for accomodations for 2 people and I believe I have the right to bring a second person along.

Clearly, the hotels refusal to give you a receipt for the 500 Baht guest fee indicates that they are pulling another scam. Simply take your business to a hotel that deals with you more honestly. Thanks to the Internet, it is fairly easy to find guest-friendly hotels in BKK.

Harlequin

[ December 22, 2001: Message edited by: harlequinbkk ]

I've been in the hotel business. You do have additional cost with two guest.

Extra Electricity

Extra Water(toliet etc.)(and sewar!!)

Extra person to "deal" with

it all adds up you would be surprised. as example, I think UPS and FedEx figure something like $3. per phone call(not comparing to Thailand, just as example), airlines figure an average per call cost,

cheers,

Nok

The extra 500 Baht is Tea-Money/Tip for the stuff and NOTHING more than that.

In Royal Benja i asked for a bill for this

but they didnt want give me one. The same

game also in The Park Hotel.

And please a a look on your bill for after you checking out.

Many times i just wondering.

First the stuff or Net told me for example the room costs 800 Baht incl. breakfast.

But after my checkout the hotelbill showing me 500 Baht for the room and 300 Baht for breakfast.... wink.gif" border="0

[ December 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mentors ]

Archived