Meet the parents.

I guess I?ve prolonged this for too long having been with my GF now for almost 2 years. She is not insisting or anything but I know she would like me to go and meet her folks at some stage and I?m sure they?re curious too. I don?t think she is as close to her parents as most Thais are, but then neither am I with mine which is probably one of the reasons we get on I guess.

The big M question may come up as we?ve lived together for the majority of those 2 years, this would lead to the big D question which is when I get itchy feet :: I?m not too sure what to expect really but then neither is she.

Just a tad on the nervous side, are they going to see a walking wallet or just a regular guy that?s decided to live in their country? For those that have done it before any hints, tips, recommendations?

Hi Buksida,

think about what kind of relationship you have with your in laws now. Do you or your GF send money over on a regular base? That may help you interprete possible demands or reactions of your in laws.

If they;re in it only for the money, you'll find out soon and your GF should protect you from it, considering her relationship with her parents, she may do so.

Sometimes difficult though, since I find that my wife listens 110% to whatever dad has to say, however unlogic that may be.

My in laws are actually very nice, I never had the idea that they are after my money, but after I build our house, there ain't much left. That's maybe why.....haha. I never was asked for a sin sot neither, that was the house.....

In your case, go up and meet them and see what happens, if you don't get along or you think that they are only interested in your money, keep it a short visit, maybe a good idea overall, and if you like it, go back and stay longer.

Maybe very good to find out where you and your GF stand as well...........

Good luck and I hope for you that you have a good time.

There were a few posts on this theme not too long ago in this forum.

Yeah i think i might just rockup and see what goes. I don't think they're *that* poor either, my GF doesn't need to send them money.

will keep you posted.

cheers

Archived