Promenade Hotel - Guest Friendly

Raven

By accident, I stayed at the Promenade in early December. The Grand President, where I usually stay, didn't have room when I wanted to extend my stay.

The Promenade is on Sukumvit Soi 8, directly across from Sukumvit Soi 11. Good central location. Unlike the Royal Asia, which is also on Soi 8, you don't need a tuk tuk as the hotel is only 70 meters or so from Sukumvit - nice location. Quiet, but close to all the venues, and easily walkable.

Walk in price was 900 baht single nett. Internet price is 1100 baht single nett.

Rooms and lobby a little shabby, but OK. I asked my "friend" if it was OK with her, and she said it was just fine, even though its a step down from the Majestic or the Grand President.

Service OK. Receptionist very dour, but never batted an eye over guests. The doorman even got to the point that he was looking out for me and was quite friendly (which earned him a tip on departure).

If I was on a tight budget, I would definetly put this hotel on the consideration list.

quote:

Originally posted by Raven:

By accident, I stayed at the Promenade in early December. The Grand President, where I usually stay, didn't have room when I wanted to extend my stay.

The Promenade is on Sukumvit Soi 8, directly across from Sukumvit Soi 11. Good central location. Unlike the Royal Asia, which is also on Soi 8, you don't need a tuk tuk as the hotel is only 70 meters or so from Sukumvit - nice location. Quiet, but close to all the venues, and easily walkable.

Walk in price was 900 baht single nett. Internet price is 1100 baht single nett.

Rooms and lobby a little shabby, but OK. I asked my "friend" if it was OK with her, and she said it was just fine, even though its a step down from the Majestic or the Grand President.

Service OK. Receptionist very dour, but never batted an eye over guests. The doorman even got to the point that he was looking out for me and was quite friendly (which earned him a tip on departure).

If I was on a tight budget, I would definetly put this hotel on the consideration list.

Raven,

I stayed at the Promenade 2 nights on 12-13 November. I walked in around midnight Sunday without a reservation and was quoted a 900 baht rate by the clerk. I asked for a 800 baht "internet special" rate, and they readily agreed.

The room was basic, the in room safe simply a small locked desk drawer not large enough for my cameras and pocket computer, and the towels were cheap and threadbare. However, the ladies I brought there did not complain at all (I'm sure they've seen better and worse).

The staff never asked for ID or gave any hassle on guests.

All in all, a good alternative to the GP, Nana, Majestic Suites, or Dynasty.

Shotover

• 2 weeks later...

Not responding to email is probably one of the reasons that this hotel is not busy.

I would just go to the hotel when you arrive in Bangkok. Ask for the Internet rate, which should be no more than 900 baht single nett post holidays. Probably 800 baht. No charge for guests. They might go lower for a week stay, particularly if you pay cash. But, you may want to stay a night before you commit to this hotel, which is a little worn.

Take a look at the room. If its suitable for your tastes and budget, take it.

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Raven,

Well they finally answered my first mail after more than a week
shocked.gif" border="0
. I asked for the special nanapong rate and they quoted me 800B. They didn't ask for any prepayment or CC number.

800 baht is for cash; 900 baht if you pay with a credit card. I paid in cash when I checked out. Advice: Avoid the temptation of barfining ladies from the beer bar just down Soi 8 towards Sukhumvit, as this can make things awkward when you are bringing other ladies back to your hotel.

Shotover

Yeah all I did was smile at those ladies. A couple of lookers but I decided to keep the path clear on the way to the hotel. It is hard enough trying to avoid girls in the go gos so don't make the mistake of taking a girl from a bar on a soi that you are staying. You will have drama.

Mykal

I know but it's not a problem for me smile.gif" border="0 I stayed in the Eastiny Inn in Pattaya and was a regular in a beer bar very near by. Every time I walked by with a new honey for the night they all went OOOOOHHHH AAAAAHH it was kind of funny actually laugh.gif" border="0 Ah, and I will be staying a few days in the Promenade so no problem really smile.gif" border="0

Archived