Any tennis players here?

kohchaiBKK

Man, I was about to create a post with exactly the same content!!!!

Same thing, want to lose some weight and also to start playing tennis again!!!!!!

I am living here and keen to try and do this on weekly basis.......

Lets get it on!!

SB.

PS Haven't played in around 6 months and fitness is lacking!! So it will take around a month of playing and fitness work (currently started up again) to play competitive match tennis......So if your looking for competitive match tennis then bear this in mind!!!

I used to play fairly well but stopped playing years ago due to back problem. But, tried a couple of weeks ago and things seem OK (except my timing and everything have years of rust).

I am moving to LOS at the end of September and would be interested in giving tennis a try.

I'll keep my eye on this thread to see how things are going.

Sanukboot,

I just sent you a PM. I was playing once or twice a week until around January of this year, and was in pretty good shape. Since then I have hardly played. Took a look in the mirror a few days ago, and decided to make the post. I HATE mirrors.

Not sure if you've played here in Bangkok, but the heat can really roast you and it's gotten harder to find optimal court time since Paradorn's rise. I like the way the Thais handle it. 6 or 7 of em show up for doubles. When one gets tired, he just sits down, has a beer and a bowl of noodle soup til he's ready again, and goes back in when the next guy gets tired. They play that way for several hours.

Tiger Moth,

First of all, good luck on the move. Bangkok will help with the rust. Boardmembers can help with the transition.

I wouldn't count on being able to follow this thread for too long, though. I made the same post a little over a year ago, and got 2 responses. One stood me up, and the other was recalled by his embassy. Most would rather just watch a good match on TV, which isn't surprising considering the heat and humidity here.

Archived