After SARS episode

I left BKK at the end of march this year just prior to the SARS decimation of the tourist industry and would be interested to know if things are getting back to normal now, whatever normal is in BKK terms ;)! Are the bars and ago go's full again? Is Angelwitch standing room only and what are the current ST & LT rates?

I was there in June and it seemed pretty slow to me. At times I was the only punter in the entire bar. I asked around several times why business was so slow and every answer I got was pretty much the same. Business slow down was due to a combination of a few things, terrorism, SARS and of course the war (at that time). I still had a great time!

:beer:

I went to Los back in Mid May and it was dead. Pattayaland 2 and walking steet were a ghost town. The great bars in Pattaya were half full, however, this was not true for Nana. It was a good time to be a punter. I'm here as of August 1st again. Things have gotten better, but still slow! Alot of the asian crowds have returned as it is nearly impossible to get into Super baby/girl. There is a sense that the crowds are returning. There are many asian tour bookings...i see alot of buses filled with asian tour groups. It's quite hard to know for sure as everyone remembers better days! Apart from my drinking raids..I've been tied up for some time with a looker and haven't made it out much.

SB

Archived