Ko Samui in February

Tycona

Hi folks,

I will be going to Samui next month for the first time. Will probably bring a girl with me from Pattaya. If anyone is around maybe we can meetup for a few beers. I plan to go from Feb 15th - 22nd.

I have been searching the sites www.hotelthailand.com and www.sawadee.com and found several interesting hotels. Now for the problem: they want me to prepay the room... I refuse to prepay anything before seeing it first. Will this cause me any problems? Meaning: Can I just showup in Samui in February without reservations and expect to get a room at one of the hotels I saw on the internet?? February is high season...

Thanks,

Ty.

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Hi folks,

I will be going to Samui next month for the first time. Will probably bring a girl with me from Pattaya. If anyone is around maybe we can meetup for a few beers. I plan to go from Feb 15th - 22nd.

I have been searching the sites
and
and found several interesting hotels. Now for the problem: they want me to prepay the room... I refuse to prepay anything before seeing it first. Will this cause me any problems? Meaning:
Can I just showup in Samui in February without reservations and expect to get a room at one of the hotels I saw on the internet??
February is high season...

Thanks,

Ty.

Hi Tycona,

Samui in Febuary should be no problem. I'll be there and will hopefully be spending a month on Ko Pagn Nagn.

Best to get a girl on Samui, if your relatively youngish finding a nice one is no problem.

I recommend Lamai

Tycona,

If you want girls just wait till Sumui as there is loads of them there. 3 beer bar complexes that i can think of in Lamai. I stayed at the Golden Sands Hotel just a 5 min walk from Bahuas nightclub, paid 1200 baht a night for a bungalow near the sea. usual stuff air con mini bar room service hot/cold shower. Totally guest friendly although some familys stay there. Never had any bother with the staff. When i pulled up on a motorbike with a girl slung over my shoulder pissed outta her mind, staff just looked laughed and shook there head. The only grumble is i got caught butterflying there coz the cleaner let the girl into my bungalow whilst doing the deed. Not a lot you cabn say to that. Chaweng is only 15 mins on a motorbike where you will find more girls, barfines 200 baht, long time anywhere between 700-1000 baht depending on girl. There last July and November had a great time but clubs and stuff close at 2am and that includes beach party's. Have a great time

mitch laugh.gif" border="0

Thanks guys. I will be bringing the girl as the has deserved a little side trip smile.gif" border="0 Kind of depends on the reception I get when I get to see her in PTY. If I go alone I'll be sure to check out Lamai beach...

What is the best place to be in Samui with a girl? Main purpose of the trip in order: beach, sea (swimming, snorkeling, jetski), nightlife.

Last time in LOS I did not get much sun and the peeps back home got suspicious laugh.gif" border="0 I had to make up some BS story about jet lag and afternoon thundershowers smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

Why does everybody compare places to Bangkok ?? Hey the general population of girls may not be as nice but there is a lot of stunners there if you look. I think i may pay a visit to Bangkok for longer than a day next time as there must be a stunner on every corner.

If you think how big Bangkok is to a rlevant place like Sumui there's no comparison in size. I suppose if Sumui grow ten fold then there would be alot more stunners.

Why does everybody compare places to Bangkok ?? Hey the general population of girls may not be as nice but there is a lot of stunners there if you look. I think i may pay a visit to Bangkok for longer than a day next time as there must be a stunner on every corner.

If you think how big Bangkok is to a relevant place like Sumui there's no comparison in size. I suppose if Sumui grow ten fold then there would be alot more stunners.

quote:

Originally posted by mitch:

If you think how big Bangkok is to a relevant place like Sumui there's no comparison in size. I suppose if Sumui grow ten fold then there would be alot more stunners.

mitch
laugh.gif" border="0

Hey Mitch,

I guess - as you seem as big a Samui/Lamai Lover as I am - we both do not want Samui to grow any further.

But TYCONA:

Stay in Lamai (My favorite still is WEEKENDER) and party there or take short trips to Chaweng.

I will be there from Feb 15th on.. just leave a message there (will give you my room number if yoou send me a private mail).

If you want I can show you some places or give you some tips.

Have Fun, I surely will

wink.gif" border="0crazy.gif" border="0

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Man at Work ]

Hi, Just returned from Samui (Lamai) three days ago. IMHO Standard of girls are not as good as BKK but still quite a few beauties. While Bauhaus in Lamai and the other big clubs in Chaweng close at 2, many beer bars are still open untill morning...though without music and drinking beer and drinks from cofee cups....

Give Samui a big miss. Try Koh Panghan and stay at Ta Pan noi beach, north east corner of the island. It is sensational and you will thank me for it later. You'll end up wanting to stay forever!

Just a thought.

CHARLES crazy.gif" border="0

Archived