passport renewal

hi,

The pages in my passport are almost all used up.I will have to renew it the next time I'm in LOS which will be in about another month or so.I'm from Oz but am in India at the moment.I had not planned on being back in Oz for another 18 months so my renewal options are:get a temporary 12 month passport then when it runs out get another one then get a 64 pager when I get back to Oz OR get a 64 pager at the Oz embassy in BKK.The later option is the one which appeals to me BUT after all the visa tightening that's been going on lately and the fact that I am constantly travelling in and out of LOS on tourist visas.I thought that I might have problems with Thai immigration eventually because of the number of tourist visas in my passport AND the fact that it was issued in Thailand.They might think I'm working there or something.

My question is would I be better off paying the extra for the temp passports then getting a longer passport when I eventually get back to Oz or should I get the 64 page passport in BKK.I'm worried I might run into problems later on if I get a long term passport which is issued in Thailand as when you fill in the arrival forms they always ask you where the passport was issued.Anyone have experience with problems because their passport was issued in a foreign country?

cheers

Archived