phone card: upcountry to us

mogul

i need to get my voice mail (in US) while in chaiyaphum and to lesser extend bangkok. any recommendations for a phone card? i searched the posts, and someone mentioned hatari. how is it? service and availability in bangkok only? thanks.

Are travelling with/visitin g/f ?

Just ask her. Locals all know more about which cards work where. Or at least can read the Thai or talk to the operator.

Smae for phone cards anywhere now, unless you pay premium pricess for a Works everywhere (never does) calls Everywhere (usually does) card. Or try Call Direct or its local equivwelent from your US phone supploer. Pricey, but it works.

Or just call back to get your messages with your cell phone. :dunno:

Hatari works in every part of Thailand on DTAC for me. It's also called "Phonenet" and you can buy it in almost any 7- 11

(7 as the locals say)....I have tried all the other cards out there and Hatari/Phonenet is the best. To call Thailand from the USA Pennytalk is by far the best deal. Pennytalk calls any country on the intenet and connects on the internet. The quality in not 100% but very cheap and works all the time !

Also, the best phone card from USA to thailand has to be the MCI card from Costco....really cheap..not as cheap as Pennytalk but better quality quality than Pennytalk. I think Pennytalk is www.getpennytalk.com and if in the USA you can call them at 1-800-311-8360...I will be happy to answer any questions...........butterfly

• 2 weeks later...

Archived