Thailands National Colors Flag and Teams

Torneyboy

Double barreled question.

Was trying to explain to my wife and a Thai student about my countries national team colors.

When we play international sport home or abroad the teams wear Green and Gold ...usually Gold tops and green shorts or skirt for the ladies hockey.

represents the land and country.

Thailands flag..red white blue...Red for Nation ..white for religion and blue for the King...my wife did not know (forgot) but student said this ..so i guess he is right??

Second:..National team sports...when in Thailand they wear Red and overseas they wear Blue...or predominately so.

Anyone know or explain the colors and what they represent for the national team colors?

[color:"red"] Thailands flag..red white blue...Red for Nation ..white for religion and blue for the King...my wife did not know (forgot) but student said this ..so i guess he is right??

[/color]

He is right, nice to know that some Thais still know their colors of the flag. :bow:

[color:"red"] Second:..National team sports...when in Thailand they wear Red and overseas they wear Blue...or predominately so.

[/color]

In the old days (the meanings may change now) The sport representatives from Thailand wore blue overseas for the purpose of representing the Thailand with link to the Royal (King). The red means spirit of unity. Mind you, this was an old intepretation. :D

Cheers! ::

In the old days (the meanings may change now) The sport representatives from Thailand wore blue overseas for the purpose of representing the Thailand with link to the Royal (King). The red means spirit of unity. Mind you, this was an old intepretation

------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for this interesting answer

Archived