Rental House in Pattaya for 40K - Good value?

SingaporeSteve

This question is mainly aimed at people who have previously considered buying or who have already bought property in and around Pattaya.

Why are you thinking of buying / have bought firstly?

What stops you from renting somewhere?

I am thinking about building 2 small bali type places with a view to renting them out long term and am interested to see if their is a demand. Houses would be very smartly done, bit like the one's at Luguna in Phuket which sell for a cool US$500,000. They would have their own private pool, lots of teak windows, fully equiped western kitchens etc, UBC and all the rest. 3 Bedrooms and about 140 SQ M in size. If you saw something like this about 10 KM's outside Pattaya would you be prepared to rent it for say, 35-40,000 baht a month? They would be located in a secure village with other large very high end Bali type houses so the development would be very quiet (no crazy stray dogs, power lines everywhere etc) and properly managed. So far everyone I have talked to about this is split. Half my mates say I am crazy and the other half say what a fantastic idea, if only there was something decent to rent they would rather do that than buy their own place.

Therefore any suggestions/comments strongly welcomed...

Cheers

Yep, I think for a long-time stay only attractive when payed by the company. In BKK > 200sqm apartments can be had for THB 20K per month in the lower Sukh area.

Not sure about the location (10 Km away from the center) and the price (THB 40K for a small house in (the cheap) Pattaya?). I think, this place is not for me.

Pattaya is not phuket. Phuket from what I have heard is dying a slow death due to being expensive and restrictions. There is several

nice places around Pattaya for rent for less than half what you are thinking. Most people living outside of Pattaya buy and do not rent. I do not know what you think the cost of these would be but land alone could make it expensive.

Put your money into safe investments and get the dividens or interest payments which you will always have access to your principal $$$$. You will make almost as much and not have the headaches. At the least, these investments on this much money could pay your own rent. They already have something similar where you can buy a place and they will rent it out for you. Maybe you would need to hear from one of these people but I would say I do not think it is a good idea

knowing you are thinking that you would be getting your money back in time and also own a couple places. First of all owning the land would not be easy and for sure who ever does would make sure they were compensated hansomely for it. They just had something like this for sale in the Pattaya mail which I have not seen it in a few weeks (4 bungalows).

Good luck either way.

Archived