Where do they offer shoes in large sizes? Eccos?

Have been in Thailand many times and now have been coming for approx. 3 months twice a year. I can find shirts and pants (sometimes) off the rack, but have been pretty well shut out finding shoes that will fit. My feet are not extremely huge, 47 in European and Thai size, but the largest I have found in most strores is 45 with an occasion 46. I know I can go to some of the custom houses that make shoes, but are there any stores in BKK that have more liberal sizing considering the makeup of the ex-pat community? Also, if anyone knows do any of these stores have Ecco's in large sizes, since many of them are made in Thailand, I would like to buy some here rather than the ridiculously high USA prices.

Yeah, seen them there too, unfortunately central, emporium, Robinson's, Lotus, Big C, etc don't have size large enough. Need a specialty store, probably a smaller store. I once found large Ecco's (one pair) up in Chiang Mai. I have often thought this might be a good business propositions --Farang Feet--a store speacializing in big shoes for big farangs. Anyhow, hope someone on the board, with big feet, has also tackled this problem.

Archived