first trip, never be the same (first night out)

allatsea2000

U awake fella, first words i hear as i awake from my slumber. Yeah i moan. Do you know what time it is my mate asks, with that i reply no, before i can guess he tells me its ten o:clock. Fuck comes riffling from my mouth, the nights half gone i moan. I cant believe how tired i am, all i want to do is sleep, but there is know way we are going to do that.

We quickly shower decide what to where, (what a dissaster that if, i think two guys r worse than girls)and down we go.

We dont have a clue where we are going, except maybe have a look at patpong( we really r virgins at this and i think it showed)We get besieged with were you go, patpong, u want show, taxi, mona lisa(there that bloody place again, what the hell is it). We decide to go to patpong and have alook(after all im armed with the maps i pulled of the sites i visited so we will know where we r going)

Never been in a tuk tuk, so we decide to go that way, have heard all sorts of stories, about how dangerous they r, how smelly how u get ripped off, but decide to find out how much. 100 baht is the response, I decide to go 50 and am met with a laugh, cannott , he comes down to 80 and i say too much, cannot, and we both laugh, we settle on 60 and off we go

We dont have a clue where we r going, well we do but cant seem to find the street names to fit in with the map. But hey this is fun, tuk tuks are the way to go, we cant belieeve how agressive they r, and how people just give wway over here

We get to i think a bigt round a bout, and we have our beerring, r patpont must be just up here on the right sort of.

Im a bit more relaxed now as i have my bearing and realise that it is fairly easy to get home(i figure i might be pissed by the end of the night).

We pull up and the driver mentions pat pon and points, to what appears like a cramped market. We pay the fare and off we go, We have researched this but were never expecting anything like this. HOw many fucking people r here my mate seems to hollow, so in we go with that boyish chuckle u sometimes get.

There is so much on offer here, one side t shirts, watches, carving, shorts, jeans, etc, and the other side, menu after menu, u like show, sexy lady, our first taste of hello handsum man u like show, like lady, further up my mate is approached by his first katoey, and is not sure whether it is male or female, i laugh long and hard over this, i have tears streaming down my face from this. Shit we feel really uncomfortable, every where we walk there is someone trying to pull us inside. We have spent the last six months talking it up about what we are going to do, visit polish bars, threesomes etc, and when push came to shove, we were exactly that two errant school boys, out of there depth.

We walk al over the place and r just to chickent to go inside any of these places, I know dont have a clue on my beearing and im still sober. We find this little place on the left a bit out of the way of the hussle and bustle, and we peak in, There is this guy playing guitar and about ten girls , which at a glance seemed ok, girls r all over us, which at this stage makes me feel uncomfortable(at least for now). Singha 120 baht the main guy says , and we tell him we will be back later. At that stage we had no intention of going back. We decide we will try out a irish place on silom road, just to aclimatise and maybe there will be some other farangs in there

We get inside the bar(cant remember its name) and notice a band playing and a crowded bar with both thai and farang men and a few older not so tidy women(farang).

We grab a coulple of beeers and enjoy the airconditioning, but still feel out of place for some reason. We see there is stairs going to upstairs and decide to go up and have a look.

Aahh thats better its just us some staff and a few others upstairs, a good place to hide, and chat, and talk about how overwelmed i am feeling anyway.

We laugh and joke about what we have seen talk about the one armed one leg man crawling along the ground, the blind kareoke singer, the menu:s the girls, the hawkers, shit this is thailand wow we r not ready for this, what a shock, we are going through mixed emotions, excited, lost, shocked, disgusted, they r all running through our vains at the moment. /we decide we need to get out there and again talk it up about what we are going to do.

Out we go and within minutes r feeling the same way again, we decidee we will head back to that little bar and see what happens, u know out of the way, know one will no us, or see us, we wont feel like we are doing something wrong.

I dont have a clue where i am going and i dont think my mate does either. All of a sudden we here someone calling out, it is the main man from before, ahh this is the place, i for some reason ask how much for singha and he says 100 baht, (hang on its gone down twenty baht) a good leason learnt already.

We go in and r ushered into a booth, and the man guy tells one of the girls to order two singhas. We sit right across from the thai soloist and he motions hello. We get our beers and say cheers, our first foray into one of the bars in thailand really. Within 30 seconds all of the girls line up in front of us. What the fuck i havent read about this on the net, the mainn man motions for us to pick two girls, im not comfortable with this i say to my mate. He agreees and tries to tell the boss we just watn to sit and listen to the music, no charge he replies, and motions towards the girls.I look up at the singer and he smiles and motions as if to say take the girls its ok.

We dicide on two girls, and they sit, and put there arms on our arms, and head on our shoulders.

Small talk has started, where u from, why u come thailand where u stay how long you stay, u have lady, u buy me a drink. At that same moment i turned to my friend and he tells me the same thing that he had just got asked to buy a drink for her, shit they dont take to long do they. For some reason which i no longer remember we declined, and what a stir it seemed to cause. The girls started talking in thai and rambling on probably saying we cheap charlies, and no point sitting with them. With that my girl gets up and leaves, few i feel better know no pressure. My mates girl stays, and i let them chat between themselves, after a short time my mates friend includes me in the conversation, she can see me bopping along and singing, so im now included in small talk. We order anothe round and i suggest we buy his lady a drink, as she has shown loyalty or at least played the game well. She got a coke as she is not alowed to drink whilst working. The drinks arrive with a bill, and we ask what is this, and r quickly explained pay later. We decide to pay as we go as we have heard of padding before, so off the girl goes with our baht. I notice my ex girl i will call now, it glaring at me, as the other girl now has a drink and i am either tied up with this or a cheap charlie, as my mate can buy a drink why not me. OUr change comees back , and we check it carefully. Its all there phew, the change girl who is quiet cute sits down next to me, and the conversation starts. We soon get onto the ex as she is still glaring at me, the change girl as i will call her tells me she is upset u dont like here u dont buy drink for her. I try to explain we r not used to this it is our first time, and point out if she would have stayed a little bit longer she would have received a drink like her friend. After a short while i offer a drink to the lady and she gladly excepts, i get another round for eeveryone, and we start to relax.

Im singing alone with the soloist and am offered the microphone, i decline, but the girly brings over the book for me to look through. I laugyhing with my mate at some of the songs, and notice a veryold song, thie a yellow ribbon round the old oke tree, and start singing it at the table, with this the microphone is suddenly thrust into my hands and he starts playing the tune, my mate pisses himself laughing, as i decide i will sing(there was just us in the bar so why not). I finish the song and get enthuisiastic applause and lots of hugs from my change girl(i think they wanted me to stop). I continue for about half an hour singing billy joel to the beatles, and when trying to do ricky martin decide it is enough.

Time has flown by and it is now closing time. We have been into negotiation about price and time. The main guy has not put his two cents worth in and is telling the prices, and st only(which by the way were higher than the girl) he also wanted 300 bar fine, which i couldnt figure out because the bar was shut, so out we go, it was a good night, but no cigar.

Wwe decide to walk around and find somewhere else to drink and play. We stumble into place after place as they systematicly close down, again without cigar(we just cant seem to negotiate on our terms so we keep declining).

Again we go into another place, and r joined by two women, well one was anyway. My mate has been joined by a kateoy toppless, i must admit she did have a great set on her(tits that is). She is geetting a little bit amouriss, and i am having a hard time convincing him that he is with a katoey(now i know he is pissed). I eventually tell him i know this from the girl i am with and point out how he can tell them apart. with this we are out of here, and all of a sudden in a tuk tuk going down this alley in what appears to b e a very seedy place. In we go i think this is the last place open, again having a great time, again have alot of fun the place closes we appeear to be the only ones in there, and again no cigar, ( idont have a clue how much i was willing to pay but it couldnt have been much, i think i was seeing how much i could get things for, what would be the lowest, so i could buget my trip from there) . oUt we go into this lane way, and that feeling of uneasyness has now crept up 0on me. Again i dont feel safe, dont know where i am cashed up, and pissed to boot. My mate navigates us out as we puit on our confident stride, now out there somewhere we run into all the girls from all the places i guess, and the freeeelances. I get offered 500 blow job, whilst my mate is talking to someone else, i say maybe katoey, she says come down here i will show u, i decline, and she says your mate as weell same price. We decline the offer, and decide to go home empty and really pissed, what the fuck where we drinking.

We check out the tuk tuks, and they all want 80 baht, i offer only forty and we get into some verbal exchanges that seem to happen when your pissed. We negotiate with this young guy who seems to be early twenties, forty baht back to pathumwan.

We chat on the way and he offers to drives us around the next day show us around, he comes up with a three hundred dollar price, we finally get him down to 100baht for half a day. We are pissed but thought thats not a bad price, and agree to meet him here at 10 am, We arrive home, and shake hands and again say 10am tommorrow which is now today. With that out we go up to the room for another night cap, why the fuck we needed that is beyond me, but we discuss the fact that we dont think the guy will be there let alone us, but he was pretty good, guy, we had alot of fun that night, that we would go back to our bar again, and fuck im really pissed,

dont take this the wrong way but maybe you need to roll with the punches and relax a little.......i mean, come on, you are in bangkok and you didnt get a little something something from any of those broads????.....sounds to me that you and your mate are a little uptight.....go to eden and maybe that will be the ticket

Thanks for the comments, and no i wont take things the wrong way, but just a thought, if you read the previous reports, all im doing is telling you of our thoughts and when i get to them our expeeriences on our first trip, which in the first report(first trip never be the same)was in march 2001, since then we have been back another two times, the last in feb this year, and will be back again same time next year, and yes we did relax alot more on our subsequent visits, maybe the next report i might have to put in the date we went to clarify things.

Hey mate,

thanks for the reply, it made me laugh, dont worry i did loosen up somewhat on the trip, its actually funny for me to recall my feellings and expeeriences, as i was a total newbie, now even after only three trips and alot of time on the board, i feel very much at home in thailand, and what it has to offer

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Allatsea2000,

That was one fantastic trip report and really did bring everything home to me, of when i first went to Thailand for the first time.

I wish i had your head on my sholders this time when i go and stay in Bangkok, but the same, had a fantastic time and out of 13 girls in 17 days, i found two good ones that want to look after me, hahahahaha :)

Cheers and looking forward to more, Roman

Ps, let us know when you find your girls, hahahahaha :)

thanks mate for the encouragement, I just re read my report, and thought how bad is the spelling and grammar, oh well im not a writer, so i hope everyone can understand it. Its a nice feeling to try and recount my first trip, u feel like u r there expeeriencing it all over again, its a great escape.

On the girls be patient my man, i will get to that, 13 girls in `17 days i cant wwait to read your reports. Wwill be back again in mid february, it will b e interesting to see how many people remeber us this time .

thanks again

• 6 months later...

Archived