IELTS Info, please

Savittre

First of all, let me apologize if I have posted this in the wrong forum.

The situation is simple: I have a student who has asked me to help find any kind of information that can help prepare her for the IELTS (sp?) exam. She's not exactly sure what she wants (other than passing the exam) - she requested a reader, but I've been thinking practice exams could be of more benefit to her.

If anyone has information that I could pass on to my student, I will be most grateful. TIA.

Finally, please take note that this is not a troll post.

Peace, Love, and Happy Trails,

Savittre

Hi People,

A misunderstanding; call it my fault. I am not located in Thailand, so of course my student also isn't. As she is already studying at more than one school, she in all probability doesn't have time to go to another school, although I will mention this to her. I think home study is what she's looking to do. Therefore, the need for good home-study materials. Does anybody know any?

Thanks again,

Savittre

I teach IELTS in Malaysia. I have to say it's a tough exam so she should already be at an upper-intermediate level of English.

There are many IELTS textbooks available in bigger bookshops, most are excellent. That would help her prepare for the reading and listening tests.

The IELTS writing test is difficult, many native English speakers wouldn't do so well. As well as being correct, etc, the two reports written must be structured in a certain way. She might need a lot of help with this.

There's also a 10-15 minute speaking test. Maybe she could prepare for this with you.

Check www.ielts.org for details about the test. It wouldn't take you that long to find out what's required. A very motivated person could do IELTS preparation by home study. A short IELTS course, however, would be the best.

Archived