Artist's real names

limbo

"Marc Bolan was Marc Feld"

just watched a great programme on TV,all about the millions that might have disappeared since his death.

when i was an impressional pre teen i got into him and then Bowie.

Bowie is still my hero,but Bolan has a place in my heart.

i remember songs like......

Debora.

Get it on.

Telegram Sam.

20th Century Boy.

Metal Guru.

Jeepster.

The Slider.

Children Of The Revolution.

Solid Gold Easy Action.

"The Slider" is one of the best Glam Rock albums ever made,where do i start to describe the songs?.

'Rock On',The Slider','Baby Boomarang','Spaceball Richochet','Buick Mackane' and 'Baby Strange'

but my favourite from the album is 'Ballroom Of Mars'.

the programme was poignant in places where his son,partner and brother talked about him.

but there was talk of the curse of T.Rex.

He,Steve Took,Micky Finn have died in the last few years.

i forget again,but either Bill Legend or Steve Currie have died as well,but one is still alive.

but i cannot believe it is 26 years this week since he died.....i remember the report of his death as if it was yesterday.

i wish i could hear the original recording of 'Prettiest Star' by Bolan and Bowie.

1st recorded in 67 and finally released in 72 but with Bolan replaced on guitar by Ronson.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I want a Rolls Royce

Cause it's good for my voice"

Children Of The Revolution....... :up:

have you ever heard Rabbit Fighter(The Alternative Slider).

an album which features working takes and stripped down acoustic versions.

most of the songs are so different to the finished article.

i like to hear the stuff which is released all the time,i like to hear the working versions of songs.

anybody ever hear the ORIGINAL version of 'All The Young Dudes'?.

i have a CD which has a recording of Bowie playing the song on acoustic guitar to MTH for the very first time.

some different lyrics and different to the finished article.

Says sayjann:

"Marc Bolan was Marc Feld"

He,Steve Took,Micky Finn have died in the last few years.

i forget again,but either Bill Legend or Steve Currie have died as well,but one is still alive.

Mr Marc Bolan :bow:, the most famous member of the band, died in a London car accident (motor driven by his pissed-up missus: now there's a lesson for us all... :o) in 1979; former founder member Steve Perigrine Took also died in a car crash in 1980, and bassist Steve Currie (who went to the same school as me, trivia fans ;)) choked to death on his own vomit (vodka :drunk:) in 1981 (though other reports claimed the cause of his demise was a drunken mororbike crash). I don't know about stickman Bill "Fifield" Legend. Heard that Mickey Finn, who was "playing" bong(os) :drunk: with the Blow Monkeys in the late eighties, also bought the farm a short while back. Drugs and alcohol related, apparently, surprise surprise. I saw Mr Finn on telly in about 1989, moaning on about being on the dole and having no mates and whatever, and he looked in a pretty bad way. :down:

The T Rex mob were all known to be rather extreme consumers of booze and narcotics and not averse either to a 7 day-24-hour session around the hookah pipe etc. ? nothing wrong with that of course :up: ? but that may go some way to explicating their somewhat early respective but unified demise.

Majestic band nonetheless, and all of them good blokes. :( I've got a signed T Rex LP (Zinc Alloy... not one of their best) and the cover's still framed on my bedroom wall. Wouldn't flog it for love nor money. :)

jack :beer:

Archived