Your dream Car?

Guest baldrick

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first car was a 1948 Austin A-40. Great car, went anywhere, even on the farm. Wish I had it today........ those flip out turn signals would drive em wild. :grinyes:

Says carew66:

Austin Maestro. A design classic. With a tartan travel rug as standard.

Feel the power...

Now very rare indeed so if any of you Californian guys fancies really turning the chicks' heads then think about arranging an import now.

Hey the Vanden Plas was a fantastic model, it even spoke to you, well told you to put yer effin seat belt on anyway, followed by the noise that strangely resembles the door alarm of a 7-11 :grinyes:

I would have to say that my dream car would either be a '66 Mustang, or 'Vette.

I did actually manage to own one of my (past times) dream motors, an RS 500 Cossie, chipped, SS exhaust and NOS, fucking thing went like shit off the proverbial shovel.

However it ended it's life in a similar manner to the couple of nasa space shuttles that have fallen in recent years.

Also owned a 1965 Ford Corsair V4 2000 GT, nice, very nice in fact, my only problem was that I kept ripping the indicator lever off whenever I changed gear... :grinyes:

Bangkokbutcher and Phil,

So we are in agreement. We could make some cash here...

bkkbutcher - the Vanden Plas in an original condition is impossible to obtain right now. The MG version does have a survival rate though.

I am too busy right now re-equipping the basic 'L' version. I do what I call Stage 6 tuning whereby I soup up this model by dropping the mighty 1.6 lump in it.

It may be too much for the US market though. If I could restrict top-end performance without reducing the torque significantly then it would be a different story.

I suppose we could take out the nodding dog (tech: bipressure synchronising relay) but that can really spoil the whole idea of The Beast (Maestro)

Guest lazyphil

<<I am too busy right now re-equipping the basic 'L' version. I do what I call Stage 6 tuning whereby I soup up this model by dropping the mighty 1.6 lump in it>>

:up:

I'm getting a feeling the 'Maxi' could be a hit on Venice beach too ::, sex on wheels...

Archived