Hotel at Krabi recommendation?

hawaiijohn

I've been to Krabi quite a bit but really only stayed in Ao Nang on the coast.

I personally don't rate many of the hotels and I don't see the need for a pool as you have the sea.

The best value I had was on the sea front at Ao Nang, about in the middle. There is a real Italian pizza place with wood fired oven. They have some rooms in a nice building one block (10 metres) back from the main road which went for about Bt900-1200 a night minus a discount (maybe 10% or 20% for 3 nights or more).

I always stay in Krabi town. I dont like the scene out at ao nang. I just rent a scooter and ride out there. I stay at the bai fern guest house. It is less than a year old and very cheap.

350 for fan and 500 for AC. not to many amenities but clean and new. Great places to eat in Krabi, down by the river at night. You can take the longtail boats out to the beachs if you dont want to ride. Its 70 baht each way and about a half hour.

Also a good place to base yourself for touring the area. There is a lot to explore around there. Not much in the way of night life, just a couple of beer bars and a few girls. But it is great place to just hang out and relax.

Archived