Red Wine moderately priced?

cactus

On my last visit,2002, we found wines to be very expensive.

While we were there an article in the Post "wine and dining" by JC Eversole mentions a new Thi Cabernet sauvignon called Domaine Saint Lo 2001.Says it was available at Big C stores for Bt355. Anyone have any experience with this or other Thi or reasonably priced Aus or Chilian wines? Is it possible to bring wine into a restaurant and pay them a fee for opening it? Any help geratly appreciated!

Hi,

I've never tried Thai wine - well, I did once taste something made by the United Products Co Ltd Nakorn Pathom - my notes, "Cherry menthol aroma, metallic chocolate... I think made with grapes..."

However, the cabernet you mentioned Saint-Lo and the

Chateau de Loei (chenin blanc and shiraz from west of Udon Thani) might be worth trying.

Wine is expensive in LOS in my experience, e.g that Romanee Conti '78 gift from Thaksin. Now I know who buys that stuff at Foodland :)_

Very recommended is a side trip to Cambodia where imported wine is amazingly affordable, e.g. good cru bourgeois Bordeaux in PP for 8USD, drinkable French vdp merlot as cheap as 5USD in Snooky.

In LOS for me wine is a rare treat.

Archived