Hotels for first time visit to Bangkok?

> Only problem was the location, far from Sukhumvit.

Today I checked the rooms as I am considering a stay there too. Regarding the location you are right, it is the last building in the soi, adjacent to the tobacco factory. Imo too far away for walking on a daily basis, but it seems there are many moto taxis available (I payed THB 10). Before I stayed two times at Omni and I took a moto to sukh everytime too.

I think for the money it is ok (they offered me THB 15K - 19K ++ per month, depending on the floor and quality of room, studio 40 sqm), some rooms worn out though. At the end you are paying for the location.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a taxi always thus I reco the RP. Mid way between NEP and CB! No damn birds like GP. The prices are lower at 1300 to 2500 for a studio to suite yet get all the same stuff! GP's lobby is a bit nicer then RP. The studio's and suite's are better at the RP while the lobby/bar/Rest of the GP is more desirable. I spend most my time in my room with girls(when at the hotel) so It's more important for me to have a great room...

For price and ease it's gotta be the Manhattan hotel! I have never had a problem here...It's the best hotel below 1300 and it has a spa/sauna/massage etc...on its second floor. It's just the best place! I've had alot of great parties here!

SB

Hi mate welcome to the board,

I stayed in Nan tai mansion and checked out after only three days.............the rooms are very dark 'cos the kitchen is where the balcony normally is so u have very little daylight, u have to pay 800 baht in cash every day 'cos they do not take credit cards, the floors are tiled and your shoes squeak when you walk around, and it is just too far to walk down that damn Soi.

I stay in the Ambassador now, big 3 star hotel in the middle of Sukhumvit half way between NEP and SC. Book on the web and you'll pay 1200/1300 for a really nice big bright room in the Tower wing, do not book the main wing.

Book a double and you'll have no problem bringing a girl in to your room.

Anyway it's up to you so much choice so much choice. Once you've decided on a room then you have to choose a girl..........that's when your mind will really confuse you !!!

Uniformguy

Archived