OZ Embassy in BKK....Red Tape

Torneyboy

Oz embassy in BKK have red tape gone insane.

We got our spouse visa approval last year..no real problems at all.

Two hicups..Sydney wanted a police report on my wifes 9 year old son....BKK police said no need as is a juvenile.

Sydney requested he have a ""medical"" so the boy will have no problems if wants to come to oz at some point.

Now...BKK are asking why has this boy gone to a hospital :doah:

He and my wifes dad are due to depart bkk on 7th Friday tommorrow and a public holiday on monday.

I will call our case officer am friday and ask him to e-mail BKk to explain why the boy had a medical.

Talk about red tape stuff ups.....why is not all the info on cases linked to computers between OZ embassy and DIMA??

The lady at bkk embasssy is a Thai as i have her name and will give all details to DIMA Friday...we have a friend in bkk that has been trying to get around this to no avail.

Why did he go to hospital is all she kept getting.

Last time we needed an e-mail from OZ embassy ...took a week.

The boys birthday is on 15th october our wedding anniversary is the 16th her dad is coming...i can see the whole plan going to ****** due to a stupid red tape muck up.

First time on a plane etc etc everyone is excited except BKK embassy ::

Needlees to say my wife is upset.

TB,

Medicals for spouses children coming to OZ is standard procedure.Police reports for children of 9 years of age are not.Hope you sort the F up real soon.Red tape.Why the f are they asking why the child has gone to hospital.Unless there is a bad medical report,it means nothing to them.

cheers sky brow.

TB,

One other thing.You have the Thai womens name at the embassy.Call and ask for her in person.Then ask her what the problem is.You may get the run around but be persistant.Years ago I was doing the same as you and only through persistance and knowing peoples names and ext numbers did I get any satisfaction.

sky brow.

I am hoping its sorted now anyway.

Hi

All is well.

Called my case officer late Friday and told him the story from Bkk...he couldn''t believe it ""how can i approve a spouse visa if the child is NOT clear""

He e-mailed the lady and pointed out her error.

I have a friend going to OZ embassy first thing on Monday to get the stamp.

Had to push the flight around and will now depart on Wednesday...thought i better have another day up my sleeve just incase.

The whole thing was because the lady in BKK was not doing her job or did not know the rules :dunno:

The child has to have a medical every year to comply with our visa...ready for him to migrate in a few years .

Archived