Cheapest Internet Cafes & 24 hour Internet Cafes

loner w/a boner

I've done a search on this board, and I know I've seen some info, but cant find it. I've found some 24 hour net access--at some hotels. I'm in the Suk soi 41 area. Seen a few net cafes on the main road, but they keep banker's hours. I'll explore the minor sois soon.

What I'm looking for is two things--the CHEAPEST priced net cafe, that is still functional. Even if I have to travel a bit for it. I spend hours on this thing, and so it's worth it to find the least expensive.

Secondly, a list of 24 hour joints would be nice.

I'm having trouble getting dial-up to work from my apartment. Really cramping my style. I'm a net addict, and spending hundreds of baht every few days on it (no joke).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Cheapest place I know anywhere near you is 15B per hour. Warning: it is hard to find and (outside school hours) very noisy with kids playing games. You still want to know? Go to the corner of Petchburi Road and Soi Nana. If coming from Nana, turn right on Petchburi. You will see a little alley on the right. Walk along it and the Internet Cafe is on the left.

For economical 24 hour Internet Cafes, there used to be a couple of places near Victory monument (about 30B per hour) but I am not sure if they are still 24 hour. You may remember that there are supposed to be restricted opening hours now for public Internet Cafes.

If you are staying put where you are for a while, bear in mind that a second hand computer, suitable for web surfing, can be had for 4,000B or so; a direct telephone line is 300B per month plus 3B a local call (unlimited duration); then Internet costs on top are about 4-6B per hour, depending on ISP with some dodgy monthly unlimited offers for around 350B per month or so.

• 1 month later...

wow that's rather cheap & not far off a few of the petchuri MP's :eek:

"Cheapest place I know anywhere near you is 15B per hour. Warning: it is hard to find and (outside school hours) very noisy with kids playing games. You still want to know? Go to the corner of Petchburi Road and Soi Nana. If coming from Nana, turn right on Petchburi. You will see a little alley on the right. Walk along it and the Internet Cafe is on the left."

Archived