Evil Dancing

The bar looked like many bars. It was a little larger then many but then once upon a time it had been two bars. They?d just merged into one. Like some kind of go-go bar fusion. There was no sign of a join. Where once a wall had divided the bars there was now a long stage decorated with chromium poles. In each half of the bar were three tiers of seats with tables that were just a little bit too close to the seats for you to comfortably get your legs under. I figured that this was a problem that could be rectified when a third bar got fused on. On each longer wall there were mirrors. If you stood at the right angle to these mirrors you could find yourself looking into a perfect mind-bending infinity of mirrors within mirrors within mirrors. In the evenings, however, all you could see were bargirls watching themselves dance like multiplications of Narcissus.

It was a popular bar. Too popular if you spoke to the Bangkok Old Hands who bemoaned the lack of intimacy and the hard-core antics of various young and beautiful naked girls. On a Friday or Saturday night and at certain times every night the place was almost too full to get into. A young lady with large breasts might entice you to come on inside but when you got in it could feel like clambering on to a number 2 bus during rush hour. They needed packers more than hucksters. There were some places wit a bit of space and these were the places I usually headed. The booths or chairs with tables near the windows or at one of the stools at the well stocked bar by the back. Of course there was a good reason for its popularity. It felt friendly. Sure there were shows and girls who did amazing things with their nether regions but you could almost feel, especially at the few quieter times, that it was a little family place. This had a lot to do with the owner and the house staff.

It was run, like more and more bars, by a woman and she was not just any woman. Though in her thirties she outshone many of the young girls who worked for her. I was around enough to feel like I knew her but if I were to tell the gospel truth I probably didn?t. But she was a smart lady. She had the uncanny ability to remember names and histories and even what people drank. As I forget nearly everything about nearly everyone I meet within seconds this is a skill I have always admired. And to show good will she would sometimes buy her most frequent customers the odd drink.

Of course the place was fairly hardcore. By the end of the evening there was rarely more than a fraction of the number of dancers who were there at the beginning. Drinks flowed well and barfines flowed too. A good girl. Or a bad girl, depending entirely on how you looked at it, could get barfined, come back, get barfined again, and so on. With each successive barfine the boss added a larger percentage to the girl?s monthly wage.

Nam was the barfine queen. She was able to spot the fast comers a mile off just as she was able to spot the people who would send her plenty of buffalo cash while they were in farangland. As much as she was evil she also had the sense of a good businesswoman. She enjoyed every single penny she earned. And if her trick was an old old man she?d suck his cock with such relish and enthusiasm that he?d think he already came when he hadn?t even got a hard on. Nam was the kind of woman that a lot of men barfined and took to bed merely to say to themselves that they?d had her. But I doubt any of them had her. As much as she could make someone come she seemed as elusive as the value of gold. She wouldn?t even tell the lies that most expected to hear and in some way this raised her value. Nam was like a smack in the face in a land of soapy caresses.

I went to the bar, her bar as she called it, at her command. I went there because she told me too in a note. I went there because she threatened me in ways I couldn?t quite understand unless I was going to start sobering up and, let?s face facts, that wasn?t going to happen.

I wandered in past the doorkeep. Hands brushed against my back trying to take some kind of credit for me walking in. It seemed dark and crowded. A naked woman who could have been almost anyone was being painted with fluorescent colours. Crude but pleasant paintings done with simple strokes. A bird here, a butterfly there, the petals of some night blooming flower. The faces of some were focussed on the show. Others were involved in private chatter or tonsil tasting. A lady took my arm and led me to a free space. Once she had me jammed in on the edge of a row of seats right by the toilets, the lady leaned toward my ear. ?Nam say you have to stay here. She say I bring you whisky.?

?Thanks.? I said and spotted a few looks from other girls that were somewhere between pity and fear. Maybe news of my unfortunate accident at the hands of three young muggers had reached the bar. Maybe, on the other hand, they knew something I didn?t know.

The girl with the painted body, whose face was invisible, or too dark to identify writhed expertly on the stage and the paintings became a strange kind of Disney experience. Fantasia for drunken lechers. I remembered taking western women to see fucking shows. They always felt the need to remark on how artistic and beautiful the body painting was. It was like the softcore tasteful Emmanuelle moment compared to the bits and bobs rammed up the cunt hardcore of the rest of the show. After a sufficient amount of tasteful writhing the lights went up and the anonymous dancer bowed holding a cloth to their cunt and ran off the stage like a shy little girl eager to get out of the limelight.

After this six or seven girls all arrived on the stage dancing and then getting undressed to do a variety of vaudeville style cunt tricks. I?d been here so many times before and seen the same things so many times before. This time felt odd though. I felt as though I was being exposed to them and the other women in the bar rather than anyone being exposed to me. Maybe it was the very fact that I had been beaten up. Maybe I just hadn?t had enough to drink. That was usually the cause of any feeling of strangeness in me. Lack of alcohol. My whisky arrived and I ordered another before even tasting it. It hit the spot warming a pathway down my throat and right into the places that needed to be shocked out of sobriety. The other whisky arrived swiftly.

I looked toward the bar. Nam was standing naked by the bar. Something was pounding inside me. She smiled a knowing clever smile and raised a single eyebrow. No-one could touch her. She commanded everything around her. I sat there full of her. Watching her and wanting to tear my eyes away from her but unable to.

Then a man came walked up behind her and put his hands around her naked waist. She smiled more broadly at me and then took his hands away from her waist and placed them on her breasts. Then she pulled her almost orgasmic face with her eyes white and the biting of the lips. Then in a second dropping the act and looking at me dead on again she reached back to the man and kissed him intimately touching the inside of his mouth with her tongue. He returned her kisses and I noticed her hand running to his dick.

I looked away. I should have looked away because she was playing some fucked up game but the real reason I looked away was that it hurt me. Why the fuck someone like me should feel pain at seeing something as commonplace as a whore grabbing a guys dick in a bar while she French kissed him I didn?t know. But it did. I felt that I clearly hadn?t had enough to drink.

I knocked back my whisky and ordered a third.

When I looked back to where Nam had been standing she was already gone. I figured she was probably off sucking his dick somewhere. This would get her out my system. I hadn?t slept with her or done anything with her and she fucked around big time. She made loads of money and enjoyed it. If I could just look at that and see beyond all those playful little pieces of evil and her peculiar behaviour I could forget about her and get back to enjoying the variety and riches of the bars. I could get back to screwing loads of cheap whores. The last thing I needed was to become intoxicated with the most obviously unpleasant little whore in Bangkok.

It?s funny. You can keep on telling yourself this shit. But it never works.

The trick show over all the girls collected their costumes and left the stage. One of the staff hands went on the stage and cleaned off all the detritus. All the odd bits of dart and horn. Then the whole room went dark and the quality of the music seemed to rise. Every speaker boomed out saxophone music as Nam glided on to the stage with her entire body and soul channelled into every move.

Completely naked she did a slow splits and raised her body up in the splits position with her cunt wide open and exposed to all. She climbed up the pole and looked around the bar at every man. She had ever single one of them in a single glance. She controlled the room. She lowered herself so she was flat on her belly and she took a bottle of beer from a man sitting at the bar by the stage. She poured some of the beer into her mouth and it overflowed all down her body, over her collarbone and over her breasts. She rubbed it into her breasts as if it were some kind of elixir and then lay on her back and introduced the bottle into her cunt. She let out this sigh that seemed almost involuntary and then used the bottle as a dildo allowing the beer to spill from her and on to the stage. When she had played this out she removed the bottle and handed it back to the man she had taken it from leaving a surprising amount of juice still inside. Then she edged toward the man she had been kissing earlier. I recognised him as someone I had seen here before. She edged towards him and pushed her cunt into his face. He grabbed hold of her and started to eat her cunt in front of everybody. She leaned back as he was doing this and let her eyes rest upon me. Suddenly she pulled away from him and kicked him squarely in the face. Most people laughed as the man fell to the floor.

Suddenly she stopped the act. She stopped the act and picked up a cloth to cover herself. And she looked at me. A charge went through me. Some kind of stupid idea flowed through my mind. That she couldn?t finish the game she started because she felt something. Here was the most evil bargirl in town and I was sitting there like a stupid farang straight off the plane thinking she gave a shit. She ran off the stage and ran straight over to me. She put her arms around me with the smell of sticky beer rising off her like steam. She put her arms around me and laid her head into my neck. Almost by instinct I put an arm around her. Her hair smelled of apples. Then she pushed herself away from me and into the changing room.

She really had me. That?s what I thought to myself. She really had me. For a moment there I?d believed something really stupid. Really stupid. Pulling myself together in her absence I took a drink. It felt oddly sobering. The drink reminded me of reality. I looked around. The act was fucked up. The evil dancing disrupted. Again I was getting looks from a handful. Most were going back to their normal business. The other man stood up by the bar and was setting off to leave. He glowered at me before ramming a note in the chit box and leaving.

I didn?t move. I sat there drinking for hours. Nam didn?t re-emerge. But I sat there drinking anyway. I thought about that trip up country. I was way beyond sitting in a bar for hours on end because of one whore. I told myself I was enjoying the drinks and watching the women but it wasn?t really true.

As the hours wound on the place started to empty. Half the girls were probably screaming the names of strangers in short time hotels by now. The older girls all remained but nobody approached me. One girl half approached me and then backed away when someone said something to her.

The lights went up and I strolled over to the bar to pay my bill surprised that nobody had asked me to pay yet.

?Is okay.? The cashier say. ?All pay already.?

I looked around as the girls were all getting themselves together. Some were off to get some food. Some were off to the Thermae or the Nana disco. There was no sign of Nam. I strolled outside the bar.

Nam was sitting on a white plastic chair by a white plastic table. She was wearing a red checked shirt and jeans. Her hair was pinned back. She smiled as she saw me. ?Hello Tilac chaa.?

I sat down opposite her.

?You hungry ?? She said ?I order khaaw already.?

?I got your note.?

?You like ??

?Well. I?m here. I don?t quite know why I?m here but here I am.?

?I make very good money tonight. Is good luck for me you here. I so happy you come.?

?Really.?

?Of course.?

?Who wrote the note ??

?Chinese man. Very good English. Write better than Thai man.?

?Very good.?

A lady arrived with four Styrofoam boxes two of nom ciin swimming in hot fishy sauce, one of rice and another of Kaeng Lao. ?You can eat phet. I know this your favourite.?

?You have excellent sources.?

She paid the lady who shuffled happily away. Then she smiled, looked at me said ?Eat.?

I ate. We both ate. I felt manipulated and beaten and all the rest but the food was delicious. The burning sensation of the chillies mixing with the sour and meaty tang of the other ingredients all setting off one against the other giving off a kind of food rush that washed around my head.

?So how many men tonight ??

?Have three but make a lot of tips.?

?Three.?

?Is good money for me tilac. Good money and fun too. One man him look very nice. Look same sexy man. Have long hair same girl. Young. Strong. I like him. I think I like him too much.? Then she laughed a bubbling laugh.

?But you didn?t stay with him.?

?Stay for what ? He finish. Is over.?

She looked at me and through me. ?I don?t like you tilac... I love you.?

?You love me.?

?Of course. What you think ??

?I try not to think. Plays havoc with the digestive process.?

?I know you angry me now.?

I shook my head ?No. Why would I be angry with you ? You bought me drinks. You bought me dinner. You came to see me in hospital.?

?Is okay. I want you angry me. I want you hurt in your heart because I go fuck around and you wait for me. I want you hurt because I not sit your knee and make same every Thai girl make before. I see you go how many girl ? How many girl you forget already ??

?I don?t know. I?ve forgotten.?

She laughed and we went back to eating. ?Tilac. I not want you forget me.?

?I don?t think many people would forget you Nam. You?re not the forgettable type.?

?Cing cing. I see some man. Him live every day same same. Every day he go work. Go home his wife. Go bar and take lady. Go back home his wife. Then, one day, cannot fucking any more. One day him dead. He lie on bed. Have to die.? She impersonated, with a smile, the desperate gasping breaths of a dying man. ?What this man have ??

?Asthma ??

?When me I want think have life already.?

?So what are you going to do Nam ? Just screw up a few more lives ? Destroy a marriage here and there ? Make some other naive kid lose his job ? Keep on fucking around and making good money from smoking old guys ??

She laughed. ?See. Now you angry. You angry because you care me tilac.?

?Can we get a drink out here ??

Nam banged on the dark, near black, glass of the window. A young girl with a plate of som-tam in her hand poked her head through the doorway. A small barking chat ended with Nam ordering me a double whisky and herself a gin and tonic. The young girl mumbled and went back inside.

?Tonight, tirac, I take you go somewhere. I take you see something you never see before.?

?Couldn?t we just stay here and swat mosquitoes ??

?I want you understand me little bit. If you frai me then I make you more scare than ever tonight. You want ??

?Not really. I?m all right as I am. Just mildly terrified. I don?t know if I really want to go the whole hog.?

?Speak true tilac. I know you want. What you see tonight... You never forget.?

We drank our drinks and then Nam announced that it was time for us to go.

TBC

Archived