SAP/ABAP training

NongSung

Hi All,

I?m a contractor in the IT-field and my current client is transferring the current application to SAP. This client wants me to be trained in ABAP. I?m well trained in the IBM midrange environment (30 years) but ABAP is new to me. Because I?m a contractor I have to take care of the education myself so I enlisted myself to ABAP workbench in Bangkok, starting November 24.

However, there is a chance that SAP Bangkok might cancel the training because currently only 6 have enlisted for November 24. When there are too few, they will cancel it. And they only inform me 5 days in advance?

In that case?is there anybody out there (in Thailand) with robust ABAP experience who is willing to train me on ABAP, or does someone know other ABAP training-centers in (preferably) Bangkok?

Hope someone can help me out,

Regards,

NongSung

Sorry NongSung, I can not help you, I followed an ABAP training long ago, unable to teach you.

I do know quite a lot on FI/CO but that won't help you.

Does this have to be Bangkok? Because it's cheap?

A suggestion would be to buy a book and self study, Amazon or any decent IT book shop will have. Would be good if you could have hands on experience on the client's test system though. ABAP is not that difficult really from what I recall.

Yeah, it's a hell of a lot cheaper (approx. half the price of where I live). And, I'll be in Thailand anyway from end November till begin Jan. 2005 so I thought about combining my upcoming marriage with some ABAP-study.

Books? Why didn't I thought about that earlier? I'll check Amazon and the likes; thanks for that.

And I'll have plenty opportunity to get some hands on on the test-system once I know the basics of ABAP.

The roll-out will take place in April 2006 and meantime I'll have to support the 'old' system by myself and in my 'spare-time' help the ABAP-guys with some additional programming.

And after the roll-out... I'll retire YEAH!

Thanks,

NongSung

May be, try Mini Sap (pc-based SAP for educational purpose). You can learn all the Abap and connectivity (JCA et. al.). No modules though. I think it is about EUR 75 for Windows, free for linux. Check the news-groups (de.alt.comp.sap-r3) or www.sapfans.com (very good forum) and sap.com for more info.

ps: Are you in Bangkok? If so, and interested in mini sap (windows) drop me a pm, come along with some recordable cd and it is yours :) I bought it some time ago (older version but still useful).

Archived