Storage /current rates Grand President

hall

Originally posted by hall:

"Guys, Will be staying at GP 1 week in April and a 2nd week in May.Anyone know if they have baggage storing facilities ?? Also anyone with current rates on Topaz (to give me an idea what I should "bargain" for.

Thanks in advance."

Not sure about storage, but was there in early February and it was 1,240 B for "Topaz" room for one night only.

Tell us if you can negotiate anything cheaper.

Fatbastard33

I left my stuff at GP for the better part of a month. They did not charge me. I stayed for about 6 days when I arrived and for a week at the end of the trip. I left my bag with the bell desk in tower 1. All I did was tip a 100 baht when I left it and a 100 when I picked it up. I got a great rate for a week of about 5800 baht. But if you are going to stay a week you have to tell them in advance. Other wise you will pay the higher daily rate. Ejoy

Thanks FB and Vegas,

V.The rate you got for a week is the best I've ever heard of !! Sure it wasn't 8500 and not 5800 ?? If it was 5800 for 7 days what do you have to do to get it?? I don't fancy sleeping with the Manager !!! (lol)

Cheers Hall

All-

I got a reply from the GP about this ealrier. While they do not officially offer a "luggage hold" service, they will be more than happy to accomodate you if their storage space permits. The RM said to simpy inform the Front Desk and they will do their best.

With that said, I've seen their storage area, in the basement below the main level in tower 1, and it's really big.

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by UPSer:

I've seen their storage area, in the basement below the main level in tower 1, and it's really big.--UPSer

When I used the GP storage room last November, it was in a room between the lobby and 2nd floor of Tower 1 (we walked up the steps). This room was rather large also.

shotover--

It appears as if the GP has A LOT of storage space.. The room in the basement I suspect is used to store the "banquet" stuff and the like.. also lots of extra bedding materials (mattresses, linens, pillows) were stored down there as well..

--UPSer

I just checked my credit card records. I was charged $128 U.S. for one week at the GP. I asked for the weekly rate when I checked in and I was suprised with how low the charges where. Of course they remembered me for the month before, and maybe that had something to do with it. But on my first vist I didnt know I was going to stay as long as I did, and I had to pay the "daily rate" they would not convert to the "weekly rate" after I checked in as a daily. But all and all I will be staying there next time.

quote:

Originally posted by Vegas Dave:

I just checked my credit card records. I was charged $128 U.S. for one week at the GP.

Wow! $128 for 7 nights is about 5,600 baht, or about 800 baht per night. The lowest weekly offer for a Topaz suite I've seen is 7,280 baht for 7 nights, or about 1,040 baht per night.

Shotover

Hi Vegas,

Thanks for checking your records but you must have something the rest of us don't!!! (lol)

I'm having a tough time getting GP topaz for 1170 baht per night for a weekly stay and I did mention I'd stayed a couple of times before. Thanks again and I'll keep trying .

Cheers Hall

Archived