Po

Dexi

Heard this word,sounds like " Po " in a song by Hui Yaht Yer where she says " Chao nung po ".Also heard a TG in Pattaya use this word when looking at dresses.Tried looking it up in the dictionary but couldn`t find anything...any ideas ?

Hi Stew,

I think that will depend on who you ask.

I have a farang friend who proved his poor taste by putting a picture of himself wearing only tightfitting swimming shorts on his yahoo profile. He is grossly overweight, fat and bald (but a nice guy :)) and he has heard this comment more than a few times. And I seriously doubt that they meant he looked sexy :o

Heard just the other day a girl using the word Prioaw like in "sour" about another girl meaning sexy or hot.

Guess there are a bunch of slang words with similar meaning.

But try to look Po up on:

Thai Dic

Cheers

Hua Nguu

[color:"red"]Doesn't this mean 'sexy'? In [/color]

IMO, it is unlikely has the meaning "sexy".

Nude is more like "à»Å×ÃÂ" = ploey.

Also, "poh" can mean nude in some context but most of the time it means revealing flesh dressed and it can be negative or positive depending on situations. In a bedroom with a lover, it is just a tease or we do tease children who run around naked. :neener:

Cheers! ::

Jas,

Agree it's not "sexy", but when used in relation with a dress to wear more like "revealing".

For instance if a lady is to attedn a cocktail party and wondering what to wear she may ask her partner "Suit nii po pai noi mai" (is this dress to revealing?).

Archived