GATSO cameras

Lusty

I went to Aranaprathet last week, got flagged dwon by the cops, who checked out my reg & Tax.

He then asked "how fast? No problems for you, just interested " so I showed him the GPS which had registered a top speed of 281 KPH. He laughed, gave me the thumbs up and we were on our way. Don't ya just love this country ?

Right I'm going to use "thai logic"here.

As I was driving back with my bird from your neck of the woods when the said offence occurred and if it had'nt been for you and Mrs LazyPhil I would never had met her and I would'nt have got the ticket because I would'nt have been coming back from Cambrigeshire so therefore it is your fault and you should pay the fine! :neener:

Phil don't even reply to the letter..............I've been sent 3 in the last 2 years and never replyed with no follow up whatsoever.

They rely on you admiting the offence and are to busy and overwelmed by the volume of tickets issued to follow up unless you are very unlucky..or were going at stupid mph...

This tip was given to me by a senior copper who is related to me :devil:

It's well known that traffic cop's are utter bastards much more than "normal" cops and would book ther granny if they could :cussing:

There are 2 electronic road devices that I reeeaaallly want.

The first is actually available: a device, used by emergency vehicles in the US, that makes red lights turn green.

The second is just an idea that I've had for years: a radar emitter that would make it appear that your vehicle was traveling at, say, 647 miles per hour. Sure, give me THAT ticket! :grinyes:

True story: stopped in the US, I-95 in MD - some may know the road - cop says, "Know how fast you were going?" Me: "No." Him, taking me back to show me the radar gun reading of 98.6 - same as 37 Celsius. I said,"That's not my speed, that's my body temperature." He says "think you're funny?" I say "OK, just give me the ticket. Then he says, "I think you're drunk." Since I don't drink, I told him I'll bet him double-or-nothing on the Breathalizer test. Blew as close to zero as one can.

He gave me a ticket for doing 69 on the interstate. How many one-liners can you come up with for that ticket??! :):devil:

I didn't press my luck any further.

Guest lazyphil

<<Phil don't even reply to the letter>>

I didn't--till today as I got a threatening letter from the police saying if I dont reply I'm for it--I really thought I'd gotten away with it :(

Archived