Non-extortionate London-Bangkok Christmas flights?

wonderlust

All the London to Bangkok Christmas flights are well over £1000. :(

Does anyone have any hints about getting a good deal (i.e. under £1000) for a Christmas in Thailand around 20 December to early January? No my dates are not very flexible unfortunately though I could squeeze a few days either side.

Anyone ever tried booking at the last minute, or are the prices even more extortionate?

IMO Get it booked now, you should still be able to get a ticket with a decent airline for around £650 Look on ITV teletex Page 236 and P297 and phone around. I have always done OK with Flight Bookers, Thomas Cook and CO-OP travel. SAM Travel are advertising Christmas flights to BKK for £499 Phone 0845 4581222, sounds too cheap to me, but worth a call. :beer:

I did consider this a couple of months ago and then, the cheapest I found was 1200 GBP and even then there weren't too many seats available a week either side of the 25th.

The hotels will inevitable increase their rates for the period and no doubt some of the bars will increase the bar fines, so decided it wasn't worth it and am now going mid-Nov instead.

Says wonderlust:

All the London to Bangkok Christmas flights are well over £1000.
:(

Does anyone have any hints about getting a good deal (i.e. under £1000) for a Christmas in Thailand around 20 December to early January? No my dates are not very flexible unfortunately though I could squeeze a few days either side.

Anyone ever tried booking at the last minute, or are the prices even more extortionate?

Last week, I put together an itinerary of 19th Dec to the 2nd of Jan for 620 pounds.

Royal Jordanian has the 19th Dec to the 4th Jan at 647.70 pounds. Be quick...

I booked that Emirates ticket for 800 pounds from ebookers, must have been one of the last ones because I just did a search for the same dates and the Emirates tickets have gone but there are ones on offer from Singapore Air for about 50 pound more. I probably would have paid the extra for the pretty Singaporean air stewardesses and to avoid watching Arabs wash their arses in Dubai Airport toilets. Still, not a bad deal for xmas in Thailand... :beer:

Archived